www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs

Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs Discussions area for Audi Q7 and Q5 TDI (2009+ in Canada & the US) as well as others with the V6 TDI such as the A6, A7 and A8 sedans.

Old August 16th, 2018, 23:51   #1
wizo

Unhappy 2014 Q5 Post Fix Failed Emissions P208A

I purchased a 2014 Q5 TDI Prestige with 60k miles on it last weekend. It has the diesel update that was performed by the previous owners in Jan 2018.

Unfortunately 4 days after purchased I failed emissions testing. It had no CEL before the test but it came on after they plugged into the OBDII and started the engine.

Now getting code P208A, still waiting to get an appointment at Audi. Their service department seems to be backed up. They also said they would most likely need it overnight and would not provide a loaner. I guess with the extended emissions warranty you do not get a loaner like with the normal warranty. Disappointing considering Mercedes would give me a loaner even with a simple oil change. I hope this is not the start of the problems.

Anyone else run into the P208A code? Thoughts?
wizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2018, 06:23   #2
Mythdoc
Veteran Member

Re: loaners, that is up to the dealership, not corporate. My Audi dealer in Knoxville gives a loaner to everyone for everything. Do you have another dealer you can use?

2015 Golf TDI SE, Lighting Package, 16K miles
2011 Touareg TDI (sold back, May 2018); 2015 Golf TDI S (totaled, Oct 2018)
Mythdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2018, 18:46   #3
wizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythdoc View Post
Re: loaners, that is up to the dealership, not corporate. My Audi dealer in Knoxville gives a loaner to everyone for everything. Do you have another dealer you can use?

I'm down in Chattanooga, the next closest might be Atlanta. Not sure it's worth a 3+ hour round trip unless it will be in the shop for days.
wizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 07:24   #4
Pittdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizo View Post
I'm down in Chattanooga, the next closest might be Atlanta. Not sure it's worth a 3+ hour round trip unless it will be in the shop for days.
I would request the next available date where they can take you first in the morning and request they use best efforts to finish it in one day.
Pittdawg is offline   Reply With Quote