Bought My wife a 2015 GSW TDI

iceace380

TDI
2015 GSW TDI Tungsten Silver, 2015 GSW TDI Platinum Gray, 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI 5Speed
My wife was driving a ford Excursion 60 miles a day for work and decided a new TDI would be cheaper per month. Got it 3 weeks ago, So far she loves it, but she wouldn't let me drive it, so I got one also last week. Anything I need to know about these cars? Love them so far.

SilkBlueTDI

TDI
2015 GSW
Congrats. If you havent experience "regen", google it. My 1st Diesel so I'm not familiar with the Regen process (Fans starts running after engine off) Google it and lots of explanations out there, short story is it is perfectly normal so if you are new to TDI, just good to know.

iceace380

TDI
2015 GSW TDI Tungsten Silver, 2015 GSW TDI Platinum Gray, 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI 5Speed
My wife called me today about the fan running, told her it was normal, I have a friend with one and heard his run after shutdown, I didn't know it was the regen. Thanks for the heads up.

iceace380

TDI
She has Tungsten Silver and mine is Platinum Gray. Both black interior
I will take some pictures,

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
She has Tungsten Silver and mine is Platinum Gray. Both black interior
I will take some pictures,
I guess I could have read your profile to the left here on the screen to see the colors. Anyways, that's quite a plunge. I read your thread to my wife, and she asked me when I'd get her one too.

iceace380

TDI
I guess I could have read your profile to the left here on the screen to see the colors. Anyways, that's quite a plunge. I read your thread to my wife, and she asked me when I'd get her one too.
The description was not on my signature before, when you asked I figured out how to put it on there.

The wife loves her wagon.

tsmall07

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen SE 6-MT
That's funny. My '15 TDI GSW is also replacing my Excursion for daily commuting duties. It's not uncommon for me to see 200 miles in a day. I put 24k business miles on my Ex last year.