please help, need mk3 golf tdi wiring diagram

dub fatha

TDI
mk2 golf with 1Z tdi engine
hi there,

i have just fitted a 1996 mk3 golf 1Z tdi lump into my mk2 golf, but have a few small plugs and wires on the mk3 engine loom which i dont know what to do with.

if anyone can advise me on where i can find a mk3 golf tdi wiring diagram, it would be much appreciated.

thanks

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Follow this Link: http://corradoalleysprojects1.shutterfly.com/

Look through the album for Gina's Mk3 Golf TDI Conversion or something named like that and you will see the pictures of all the wiring connections under the dash. you should find it very helpful.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Did you identify the terminations that were loose in the donor? Waste a few minutes identifying the "extra" connectors before disconnecting the harness, or waste several hours (days?) trying to find the non-existent mating end once relocated in the recipient.

k_harley

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
If you take a picture of them, theres a good chance I can identify it from color / configuration.

No, Im not bragging, Im being honest.

dub fatha

TDI
guys i just wanted to say a big thankyou for all your help and suggestions.
this has always been a top forum full of very helpful members:D .

thanks to g60ing for the very helpful links

i will post a photo of what ever plugs i have trouble with, k harley your help/advise will be very much appreciated.

thanks again

dub fatha

TDI
Lug_Nut said:
Did you identify the terminations that were loose in the donor? Waste a few minutes identifying the "extra" connectors before disconnecting the harness, or waste several hours (days?) trying to find the non-existent mating end once relocated in the recipient.
hi there,

unfortunately i was in a bit of a hurry to have the donor car taken to the scrappy, as it was in the way. so i removed all the necessary parts and wiring and labelled up as much of the wiring as i could.

you are right in what you said though, as im on that boat at the moment.

will get there in the end though;)

dub fatha

TDI
k_harley said:
If you take a picture of them, theres a good chance I can identify it from color / configuration.

No, Im not bragging, Im being honest.
thankyou very much for the offer, will take some pics and post them up as soon as possible

Lug_Nut

TDI
dub fatha said:
unfortunately i was in a bit of a hurry to have the donor car taken to the scrappy, as it was in the way. so i removed all the necessary parts and wiring and labelled up as much of the wiring as i could.

you are right in what you said though, as im on that boat at the moment.

will get there in the end though;)
It can be done, but it does take more time.
And don't feel foolish for not identifying them , I've neglected to identify the superfluous ends.... twice.:eek:

dub fatha

TDI
Lug_Nut said:
It can be done, but it does take more time.
And don't feel foolish for not identifying them , I've neglected to identify the superfluous ends.... twice.:eek:
i guess its just one of those things that men do LoL:p

gonna have a poke about behind the fuse box later on with the help of the pictures in the link that G60ing posted

these should be very helpful, as the wires in question are shown in the pice :D

k_harley

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
So that double connector that has a yellow / grey and two single connectors that have a gery / white all connect in that junction box or whatever you want to call it.

Im not sure what they are, but they few times Ive seen them they connect in the same black box, but on the steering column, right under the instrument cluster. Guess its a different location on different region of cars....

As for those other blue / green/ etc. single connectors, those are all set too. They just belong in their perspective color coded boxes.

They look like they are exactly where they are supposed to be.

dub fatha

TDI
k_harley said:
So that double connector that has a yellow / grey and two single connectors that have a gery / white all connect in that junction box or whatever you want to call it.

Im not sure what they are, but they few times Ive seen them they connect in the same black box, but on the steering column, right under the instrument cluster. Guess its a different location on different region of cars....

As for those other blue / green/ etc. single connectors, those are all set too. They just belong in their perspective color coded boxes.

They look like they are exactly where they are supposed to be.
hello again,

unfortunately the above pics are not from my car, they were supplied by G60ing, the black junction box with the two pin yellow and grey wires are for the diagnostic plug,

as for the small yellow/green/white/blue/grey junction boxes, are the wires simply just connected together, or are they put to live/earth

Lug_Nut

TDI
They are connected into a 'bridge' or a multi-tap socket. The electrical schematic refers to them as "TV" connectors. "TV" no doubt having some meaning in German.
There is supposed to be one "powered" wire and up to three 'consumer' wires that get their power from that one powered one.
The trick is to first identify which of these are powered and then to not put two into one (Usually the green ones as that are more of them than the other colors). Doing so will leave one TV connector without any power to the three or four wires you've plugged in.