VW's Official TDI website

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
I have no idea how long this website has been online.

(Removed long dead clean diesel link)

Enjoy!

:)

Last edited:

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Now that's cool! Nice find BK! :)

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
It's been up for a few weeks. I figured every one here had seen it already. Some nice stuff on there as far as what we'll be getting in the next few months /years.

boutmuet

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 BMW 328d
Varkias said:
It's been up for a few weeks. I figured every one here had seen it already. Some nice stuff on there as far as what we'll be getting in the next few months /years.
I think it started about a month ago when VW started their tdi advertising campaign on TV here in the US. I thought everyone too had seen it already.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
studebaker said:
It would be great if the "diesel tracker" had a trip version so you could find cheapest diesel prices while on a trip.
gasbuddy.com

PalosParked

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW Black/Black, DSG, Panoramic Sunroof
Watch out for Bio

http://tdi.vw.com/diesel-tracker/

It is a nice site and I hope it continues...But 09'ers please be carefull. The diesel tracker does not tell you if the diesel offered is D2, B5, B11 (illinois), Or Bxx. And I noticed that quite a few of the stations listed in Illinois are selling B11. I'll bet you that just because the diesel locations are from their (VWOA) site, it won't extend warranty coverage beyond B5.

oops...just saw the 'disclaimer' They already have that covered.

Last edited:

Geoduck

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
I posted my mileage on their Tank Wars but I agree with most of the comments on there....the top guy just coasted down a mountain! Duh! That would be cool if they made the contest rule that it had to be an actual tank of diesel.

Geoduck

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
looks like the Diesel Tracker is back up.....that is cool and Accurate from what I can tell

rme

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
bogstomper said:
Site still fracking down, trying for 3 days now...
I think someone is pulling our chain bugstomper....It's 6/5/09 0800 EST and I can't reach it.....so Im betting someone is screwing with us.....LOL.

Rodya

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI; 2009 VW Rabbit and 2013 VW Golf Gasser
VW Endorsing Fuel Additives???

Found this on the tdi.vw.com website...
"Q: Do clean diesel engines start when it’s cold outside?
A: Absolutely. Diesel fuel has additives that help make sure your vehicle starts no matter how cold it is. Of course, if you live in Nome, Alaska – you may need to use additional additives. But if you live in Nome you probably knew that already, right..."

So... VW's website touting the TDI states that it is okay to use diesel fuel additives in the 2009 in the winter... to prevent gelling... does this mean that it is okay to use them in warmer weather as well?

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
They've been pushing the "clean diesel" on extended commercials during Mythbusters on discovery. Tori Grant and Kari are doing a "diesel diaries" segment, usually late in the show with a spattering of other vw commercials. They mention it on that tdi website, but there isn't much other info. I want mythbusters test data!!

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
that clip is a couple of years old, I think, but DAMN that's cool. Every time I see it, I wonder what our UAW would think if VW wanted to put a plant like that here....

chemist93

TDI
'03 New Beetle
Just saw the video clip, wow. That makes most of the industrial plants I've been in look junky, except for A-B's brewery in Williamsburg.

Jim1977

TDI
none
I saw that VW factory from on top of the cupola of the Frauenkirche in Dresden a couple of years ago. It does not look like a factory at all, but a modern office building. There are a number of other reasons to visit Dresden however; it is a beautiful city.

Dooglas

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta
Rodya said:
So... VW's website touting the TDI states that it is okay to use diesel fuel additives in the 2009 in the winter... to prevent gelling... does this mean that it is okay to use them in warmer weather as well?
Like maybe 20% biodiesel for cleaner burning and better lubrication?

FredIA

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 A5 Jetta, Shadow Blue, Pkg #1/XM, rear side curtain airbags
Geoduck said:
looks like the Diesel Tracker is back up.....that is cool and Accurate from what I can tell
Boy I'll sound like an old lady again, but that Diesel Tracker tells me that the nearest Diesel is 22 miles south of where I work (in a fairly large town) when it's about 2.5 miles away... if I put in my work Zip... and almost 50 miles from where I live (where the nearest Diesel is actually now about 8 miles away, RIP closed BP station that had premier that was 2.5 miles away..)

I guess clean Diesel isn't for us flyover state people after all :rolleyes: or at least that is what it will seem like to a "newbie" looking at that site...

I find it amusing that pre-2009 TDI's are not eligible for the mileage game.. I guess the fact 2003's (and probably my 2006 PD) will out MPG a 2009 is not good marketing either.

My last post complained about Diesel being more expensive than gas.. and my complaining fixed that.. I wonder what I'll fix this time...;)

I think the $43K Toureg 2 diesel is cool but where's the $28K diesel Routan that I need for my 6 person family? Might get me into another VW. I'm on the fence for another TDI Jetta/Golf in about five years when I'll need it... If I can find time or a good, close, independent mechanic I'd do it again... but the VW service at the dealers really kill the deal....

Fred

mctkmt

TDI
Jetta TDI
OK, can anyone confirm this? I was told today by my TDI mechanic in Indiana that within the last month V W has recalled the glow plugs for all TDI's. Apparantly they have redesigned the new plugs and even if you have ordered new ones from anywhere else, including TDIPARTS.COM as long as you have the reciept. Can anyone confirm this, I have checked the search option and could not find anything. PLease advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.