1st post on the forum but will need help 1st...

rpmjunky

Banned
TDI
2005 PD TDI Red Spice Jetta Wagon
this is my first post on the forum but it will have to be one seeking help...

on my way home i hit a hugh chunk of metal & dragged under the car & start busting things...on the rest of the way home (~3 miles) i had no boost so i suspected turbo was out or something related to it...
after i got home took almost all under body plastic shields off & assessed the situation & figured out that my intercooler was busted... i looked & found that the molded plastic portion of the aluminum intercooler return to intake side had a crack & was missing some broken off plastic pieces...so, is this end of my engine???

the car is 2005 jetta wagon pd tdi & wondering if anything had sucked into the return to intake side of the turbo / intercool sys is there anything in between the piping to catch any large debree???

i'm freaking out...not really but need help quick...
i sent off some price quote to jeff@ undergroundvw & richie @ mount prospect VW for new intercooler & related piping and all underbody plastic pieces including the lower valence...does anyone have these parts for sale??? is upgrading side mount intercooler a common one such that these stock parts are regularly being scraped in one's grage???

please help!!!

jnecr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d
No warantee coverage for this?

This probably ought to go in a different forum though.... I'm sure it'll be moved here in a little bit.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I don't know how insurance is written in CA but in MA if that happened you'd be covered by either collision or comprehensive insurance.

And save the $225 or so the plastic areodynanic belly pan costs and spend a few bucks more on a dieselgeek skid plate (www.dieselgeek.com). That way it is less likely to happen again.

Good luck!