ATD PD100 tuning

Bhavick

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9TDI
Hi,

I've got a Mk4 1.9 TDI with an ATD engine which i believe is 100BHP. The car is completely stock and am looking to add a little bit more power.

The issue is i haven't got a lot of money to spend so i want to do this in the most cost effective way possible without changing things such as the brakes, clutch etc etc. Even a map here in the UK is gonna cost around £300.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Zak3

Veteran Member
TDI
98' Audi A3 8L (from AGR to ARL)
The very effective way to begin with is a mild software remap, you’ll get around 130 bhp and 280-300nm.

Bhavick

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9TDI
The very effective way to begin with is a mild software remap, you’ll get around 130 bhp and 280-300nm.

Thanks for your reply, has anyone on here had an ATD remapped and if so what was the car like to drive after you had it mapped?

Would fitting a decat downpipe help the turbo spool up faster? I wouldn't change the whole exhaust just the downpipe.

I was also thinking of getting an uprated SMIC or FMIC from darksidedevelopments to help with cooling and air flow.

If i was to install these mods with a custom map how much power roughly do you think the car would make?

Thanks

Yucca

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH 388bhp, Polo 6R 2.0TDI CR GTC1752VZ
It feels very nice with aprox. 145bhp and 340Nm.

Dont take katalysator off, it does not help with power levels or spool with that engine. It you remove it you might need to adjust VNT arm little longer.

tdi_my live

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Fabia
It feels very nice with aprox. 145bhp and 340Nm.
Dont take katalysator off, it does not help with power levels or spool with that engine. It you remove it you might need to adjust VNT arm little longer.
But not with Stock Clunch.