job change - working from home...

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
Just bought my 2015 Golf TDI 6 spd back in February to replace my 2006 Jetta TDI that I owned for 5 yrs.
My work commute was 20K-24K km per year - for the past 7 yrs (I transitioned to part time about 14 months ago)
I will be switching to a work a home schedule in the fall with a different company.... 0 km commuting for the next couple years....
My wife only has a 20 km round trip commute 3x/week for her job....
and we have 2 TDI's....
oh well... things could be worse...

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Awesome, now enjoy not remembering when you filled up last. :)

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
My wife and I have both worked from home for the past 12 years, never considered it a reason not to own 2 TDIs.

The wagon is the grocery getter and the sedan does cottage duty. We rarely need 2 cars, we just like to have his and hers.

Simon

johnnloki

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI
Only problem I see is having an entire winter where the engine fully warms the oil up to temp 1 or 2 times.

Less concerned about yours than hers- That 3.0 Q7... does it have that full decade Emissions fix warranty? Only doing 6@10km trips a week when it's -15 degrees and below... I would be very reluctant to run a TDI that little, frostheater or not. I honestly felt like an approx 25km highway commute that I have had was not enough in the long bitter cold months.

Honestly, if you've got a spot to charge, then you'd really be well served with an EV.

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
re: winter warmup...

I'd like to add the electric auxiliary heater to my golf someday.... might be an interesting project... I would need to get a lead on the right connector....

2015 q7 tdi...
- only had it for one winter, and I do not know how it does it, but the dash temperature gauge is 1/2 way to operating temperature within the 1st km... it reads up to temp within 2 km....