New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Passat15

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE - Sold to VW
New to this forum, from Fredericksburg, VA. owned a 12' Passat TDI.... current owner of a 15'.

alfissimo

TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI
here I am finally~!

Finally got my 05' Passat wagon. Stoked to be here.

First order of business:

Euro Passat bi-xenons
Nav and FIS cluster (anyone have cluster part numbers??)
Maybe some suspension items- FSD's

Looking forward to learning the TDI

thezepps

TDI
2015 TDI
What's up, everybody.

Bought myself a '15 Golf TDI S in August and have already logged about 13K miles. Loving the TDI and fuel economy I've been getting!

2006_C12H23

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
Hello All,

Been a lurker for a while, but never had posted anything. I have a 2006 Jetta with the BRM. I've done the EGR delete, replaced injectors, timing belt, water pump, camshaft, DSG service, and numerous other tasks with the wealth of information gleaned here. I'm about to tackle a turbo replacement this morning... Dang sticky VNT actuator is worn beyond what the "Zip Tie" mod can handle. After 210k miles I can't complain.

JoeM1

TDI
2000 Beetle
Hey everyone, I'm Joe from Orlando, Fl. I own a 2000 Beetle that is a work in progress. Just resealed injector pump and would love to find someone in the area with Vag-Com so I could reset my iq. I've gotten alot of good info from the TDI's post's. Thanks to everyone,
Joe

E-mail address is pumpman222@aol.com
Phone # is 407-340-9654

Last edited:

Ram4Sam

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SE
Another old FNG.......Picked up a Jetta TDI over the weekend, you know, just stopped to look.:) Been driving a turbo diesel since 1991. This car is a blast to drive.........checked one more thing off the bucket list.

Sam

sid87

TDI
2012 Q7 TDI, 2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Another long time lurker finally signing up. Picked up a 2015 Jetta TDI SEL with lighting package mid-Dec to add to the diesel fleet - Audi Q7 TDI & BMW 335d. Previous TDIs - 2004 & 2009 Jetta TDIs. Minor complaints with the seats - like other VWs, the front of the driver's seat bottom is fixed so a comfortable position is almost impossible and the seats could use a little more bolstering. Oh yeah, highly recommend getting the aluminum TDI Forums license plate frame - very nicely done and much better looking than the plastic one I got several years back.

VeritasDei

TDI
None as of yet.
Hi all. Love the site, lots of know-how here. Not an owner as of yet. Looking to buy soon, hopefully in the next few months. Trying to learn as much as I can til then. Look forward to seeing you all around here.

maddi680

TDI
1999 seat ibiza Tdi
newbie here

Hi guys just joined up yesterday. Lookin forward to using this site and sharing my problens

murfysflaw

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Newbie here. Had a few VWs over the years, but never a TDI until last night when I picked up an '01 Golf TDI with 327k miles. Looking forward to learning and eventually contributing in return as this journey progresses.

It was dark when we got home, so not a great pic, but you can see the puddle immediately after parking her... first project is to fix or replace the Fuel Injector pump which is leaking pretty bad.

pl4c3b0

TDI
Mk4 Jetta TDI Diesel
Noob

I've been lurking for about a week now since I got my mk4 jetta tdi diesel. I just wanna thank everyone that has contributed to this forum because the jetta I just bought had the limp mode issue and without this forum I would have had no idea as to what to do to fix it. You guys have probably saved me at least a grand right there with just that. Based on what I learned here and a few youtube videos I figured out that my turbo was stuck in the full boost and by freeing up the actuator I fixed my limp mode problems. I've also already ordered a 3rd part vag com cable from ebay compatible with my jetta. Everyone here is a great resource for me as a humble college student and I look forward to anything I can contribute to this seemingly great community. I am going to school for electrical design with an information technology background so anything computer related that anyone needs help with, feel free to PM me for help and I will do my best. It is the least I can do to repay the help that this forum has already offered me.

Adam W.

RalphanatorTdi

TDI
99.5 Jetta tdi sport
Hello everyone, just bought my first tdi. I've owned another Jetta but not diesel. These cars are amazing! Anyways, this seems to be one of the best places to get info and glad to be part of it.

dschmitt

TDI
2005 golf/2006 jetta
great site

it is so good to have a site dedicated to the tdi's these are awesome cars .
aHowever the biggest problem i have run into is that there are few reliable mechanics in my area (FRederick MD 21702) so if anyone knows of someone close that would be appreciated i first looked at the site map and there are none local. my dealer is totally useless i have taken it there for several item and they can never seem to get it fixed. the water coolant light comes on intermittently since about 30k they changed the bottle twice and still the same problem and yet they still want to be paid go figure . so we just live with that however our 2006 jetta has developed an intermittent what i would call a miss .If it were a gas engine i would change the cap rotor,wire,and plugs that is what it feels like. as i am new to this site i don't know where to look first this is my wife's car it has 206k we have replaced the camshaft and timing belt at 195k as a whole the car runs great i have run two cans of diesel purge just to make sure the fuel didn' thave water in it so if anyone has any ideas i would love to hear from you

thanks Dave

tarfin

TDI
None----yet
Hi all,

Been lurking and considering a TDI purchase. I'm not a high mileage driver any more, but would love to have a diesel to use bio fuel, etc.

Just in the information gathering stage currently and considering a Passat TDI MT or JSW MT. Researching what the weak links are in each model and trying to make a decision from there.

Appreciate all of the good info here and look forward to chatting with the members.

Insomniac13

TDI
2005 Jetta
Hi everyone,
Just brought home my first TDI maybe a week ago, and she's got a few kinks that need working out. This forum has been a better source of information than anywhere else I've found on the internet, so I've decided to make an account in order to get my car running well and assist in perpetuating the helping cycle. I'm not new to turbo cars, or diesel engines, but I am new to ones this complicated. I've owned maybe three or four DSM's (Turbo Mitsubishi Eclipses), currently have a 24V Cummins, and countless pieces of heavy diesel powered machinery as well as my newest addition, an 05 Jetta.
Thanks to all the contributors on this site
Paul

Sibirian

TDI
2013 Passat
Hey,

Just bought my Passat TDI last weekend. Never drove diesel cars before, therefore completely new to diesel engines when it comes to cars. At first it took a while just to figure out what RPM to shift the gears. Coming from little sports car that loved to be revved up past 6000 rpm, this is completely opposite. So far been averaging 44+ mpg after doing some city and whole lot of freeway driving.

tigershark

TDI
2012 Golf
Hi everyone! I just bought my first VW and my first TDI. It's a 2012 Golf TDI in Shark Blue. I don't have any pictures yet but I will add some to the gallery when I get a chance. The car is CPO and has about 43k miles on it. I bought the car Saturday but today was the first day of really putting it through it's paces and I couldn't be happier! I drive about 80% highway and I was really impressed with how quiet and smooth the ride was. I also love how sporty and quick it feels around town.

I lurked around for a few weeks here before making an account while doing my research and I'm very impressed with all of the seemingly high quality information on the site. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the forums, especially with information on the MKVI Golf. A lot of my friends were trying to convince me that it was a bad buy but I continually used the information here to re-assure myself and prove to them that with proper care and maintenance, a TDI would last me for many years to come. Sure they have their issues but it sounds like most of them are pretty well known now and most are either covered under warranty or nothing more major than the faults with any other car on the road today.

Thanks again for the amazing pre-purchase information. I look forward to getting to know everyone here! :cool:

TDI
Mk4 tdi 90
Hi all how you doing

Hi everyone new on here and to the world of Tdi golfs .. Now I own a 90 tdi mk 4 golf 146000 miles and still a great car built like a tank .. I've got a lot of experience in racing and tuning motorcycles which has been my passion for years now, I've built engines for some of the uk top real road racers and have bikes which have raced at the Isle of Man TT in 2012 built in my shed in sunny Devon .. I've little experience with diesels but think some of the principles are the same so will probably be tinkering with mine to see how it responds, I've so far blanked the egr vac pipe which other then taking longer to warm up now didnt really feel any different but not clogging the inlet up with soot has to be a bonus .. In time I'll get a head and port it and see what that does .. But for now hello all and happy days

jebersole21

TDI
'89 Eco diesel jetta
directions

Instead of sorting through thread after thread for the info I am in need of, I am hoping that one of you fine folks can direct me in the way which I need to search. I had an 01 tdi jetta 5 spd. On a bad tank, I was getting 38 mpg. Average was low 40's I would say. It is also important to note that I drive aggressively. 70-90 mph on the highways, and aggressive at lights and on corners. And I live in central PA (diverse terrain.) I am not picky with fuel brands and I never "tried" to get good mileage.
I sold that jetta earlier last year and picked up a clean 04 tdi jetta 5 spd, thinking that I should be able to get the same mpg or better. To my dismay, I average 31-34 mpg. consistently. I sought advice from a local VW master, Baums in New Cumberland PA. Doug took a look at the cam lobes and suggested that this could be the culprit since they were worn down. Normally I do work myself, but I decided to just have him do valve and cam shaft. $600 later, the fuel economy is the same.
What I Need
I need advice and/ or where to look for advice on potential issues that would cause a 5-10 mpg swing from one car to the next. I know that somewhere in the mk4 years, they changed motors. I also know that in the early mk5's, they had a shorter 5th gear which contributes to lower mpgs. So I am wondering if I just happened to grab one with a more poorly performing motor/ 5th gear, or if there is an issue that might be easily addressed.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Jeff

MVP

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, GLS 5-speed, Baltic Green Past: 2001 Golf 4-door, GLS 5-speed
Nebw in West Phoenix here

Hey all - newbie here in the VW world, looking for information and to learn more about these little oil burners...

In particular, looking in the next month or so to purchase a 2000-2003 Golf or Jetta ALH with a 5-speed, preferably in a light color, since I live in the middle of the desert.

I am a DIY type, have a few vehicles in the stable already, and need to get a daily driver for my 70 mile daily roundtrip commute. I'm not afraid to learn, ask questions, turn a wrench, and expand my horizons, etc...

If there are any guys in the Phoenix metro area, let me know

master_1011

TDI
2015 Jetta SEL
Hi all.....

I just bought my first VW last weekend. 2015 Jetta TDI SEL 6 speed. I traded in my 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 so it's quite a culture shock. But my job is going to require me to commute 140 miles a day, so 6.1 liters of fury wasn't gonna work for me.

I know absolutely nothing about jettas or TDI but I'm ready to learn. First and foremost, what is a good break-in period before I can start beating on it. Secondly, what kind of power adders are available? I miss having 450 horses on tap.

Thanks for any info and I'll poke around the site.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Hi all.....

I just bought my first VW last weekend. 2015 Jetta TDI SEL 6 speed....

I know absolutely nothing about jettas or TDI but I'm ready to learn. First and foremost, what is a good break-in period before I can start beating on it. Secondly, what kind of power adders are available? I miss having 450 horses on tap.
For break-in guidelines for the common-rail (CR) TDI engine:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=2264550&postcount=28

For more power, the TDI Power Enhancements forum:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

You will probably decide that a custom tune makes the most sense, but do research first so you get all the features you want. Malone Tuning is very good, but I don't have current first-hand knowledge so I don't know if it's still the best. Check out Rocketchip, too.

jaime6

TDI
2015 Golf Manual
Recently bought a 2015 Golf TDI manual. Eventually I'd like to upgrade the power, but my more immediate interest is in suspension upgrades. I am considering Bilstien, but am interested in alternatives, if anyone with experience has feedback to share.
Thanks in advance.

RGH

TDI
Passat 1,9 130 PD TDI 2003 4 MOTION
Soft code engine passat 130 pd 4 motion 2002

Hi.
Hi, I am new in this club so this i my first post.
I have just mounted a CCS on my passat 130 pd 4 motion 2002, and when I was working with diagnostic in 07 programing I did a mistake and changed the soft code for engine to 00002. It start, but givs me troubble to start when it is hot.
If somebody has a simulare car, I would be preaciated to get this engine softcode to see if my car respond to it.
My car has 6 gear, xenon, clima, esp, ccs and is a highline version.
BR
RGH

Shoobs99svt

TDI
2011 Golf 2D 6M
Hey everyone.

I just bought a 2011 Golf 2 door 6M with 80k on the clock. Looking at a long commute this year so this car makes sense to me. Lots to learn of course...

Mtirado17

TDI
2000 Golf MK4
Just got a Golf mk4 and I've been doing a lot of reasurching and I havnt seen anyone with this problem. When the check light came on scanned it and boom P0380... So I replaced the plugs and harness cleared the code and 200 miles went by and them light came back on. It won't clear out now and I'm confused what's going on. Ive been told aftermarket plugs are not always favorable in VW and they can be temprimental in that reguard, but I feel that was a dealer trying to Make a over priced sale. Any suggestions?

gabe92

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
New TDIClub member

Hey everyone,

I've visited this site more times than I can count for the past couple of years but finally decided to join in. I'm the happy owner of a Black 2006 Jetta TDI (automatic) with 251,660 miles as of this writing ;) Needless to say, it's the best car I've ever owned. It's a soldier. Super reliable, efficient, good looking, and fun to drive!

I'm here really to seek some guidance in terms of servicing my car. I've recently lost my go-to mechanic and have just been doing my religious oil changes.

It's been longer than I'd like since someone actually went over the whole car and gave me a good idea of how it's really doing- I mean it drives fine, never breaks down or anything, always starts right up (like I said, a solider) but I'd like to have some idea if anything major is about to go so I can jump on it. I really like my car and want to keep it on the road as long as possible.

A little about my Jetta. The car is pretty much all original. Original engine, turbo, transmission, newer dual master flywheel (original lasted 190k!!), oil changes done religiously every 3 to 5k miles throughout the life of the car (Rotella car), and it's a timing belt failure survivor!

The car currently has a very slow oil leak and the engine bay is a little noisier than it should be (to me anyway).

Looking for a recommendation on someone trustworthy I can take it to for evaluation- Basically looking for my new go-to mechanic. I live in South Jersey, the nearest dealers are Burlington and Cherry Hill- neither of which I trust. I found JA Autowerks in your mechanic list, seems like a possible candidate but I'd really love to get some recommendations directly from you guys!

Thanks in advance for your help!