Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
At some point, you will receive an actual date for your buyback. That 11/1 date that pretty much everyone got is just a placeholder.
I requested a date in 2018, and the portal reflects that date. But even that date is, as you say, a placeholder at this point.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I requested a date in 2018, and the portal reflects that date. But even that date is, as you say, a placeholder at this point.
Yup. I fiddled with the calendar too. I doubt I'm the only one that tried to alter the date to be something before 11/1. The calendar would let you pick any day after 10/31, but not that day or earlier.

Who knows...if the judge give final approval of the settlement on 10/18...the first few people in the system might get a phone call asking if they want to bright in their car for a buyback on 10/xx.

Edit: There's a status hearing on 11/3. I would not be surprised if they try to knock out a few between 10/18 and 11/3. It would be a nice feather in their cap to be able to go into court and say "we've begun the buyback process and have taken x,xxx TDI vehicles off the street."

Last edited:

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT

Edit: They're going to contact you at a later date (most likely after 10/18) to setup an actual buyback appointment/date. .
This is the tidbit I was after, thanks. I knew 11/1 was a place holder, I just wasn't sure if I was completely at their mercy beyond that point or not.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
When I registered I don't remember seeing a date. Is that because I am a lease?
Probably. The reason it's asking for (or assuming) a date for the buyback is because the buyback amount depends on the mileage, calculated back to 9/15. IIRC, the lease payment doesn't depend on mileage, so that information wouldn't be relevant in estimating your payout.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
just uploaded my documents, used my phone to snap clear images then emailed/dowloaded them to my laptop (safari does not play well with the site) had i used IE because opera was no go ... seems to have accepted everything, now under review ;)

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
11/1 was a system generated generic date/placeholder that everyone was given (unless you picked a later date).

You didn't "select" anything. They simply put in a default date so that they could load you into the system.

To put it another way...200,000+ people are not going to be getting rid of their vehicles on 11/1 because they created their claim account by selecting the default date.

Edit: They're going to contact you at a later date (most likely after 10/18) to setup an actual buyback appointment/date. Feel free to call them, but I wouldn't tweak out worrying about a non-existent buyback appointment on 11/1.

My $.02...I'll call them the moment the judge signs off on it, but I wouldn't waste much time on this before 10/18.
They have a maximum of 90 days to complete the buyback process once you have submitted your paperwork. It may and probably will take less time but don't be surprised that someone may be sitting there for three months.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Scanned and uploaded my documents as pdf files this morning. Got no e-mail acknowledgement, but I went back to the web site and it does show my documents are uploaded and to be reviewed.

Turtleman

TDI
2015 A3
For those mailing the documents, what is the mailing address?

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading the dieselgate forums for awhile but this is my first post.
I forgot to write down the mailing address where I need to send in registration and other documents. Does anyone have this address? The VW rep was clueless when I called and said the online claim site is still work in progress. :confused:

Thanks in advance. :)

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
They have a maximum of 90 days to complete the buyback process once you have submitted your paperwork.
No, they have a maximum of 90 days from when the claim is approved. For the claim to be approved, it must first be filed. Nobody has filed a claim yet, nor will anyone be able to until the judge approves the settlement.

Once a claim is filed, VW has 10 days to approve it or identify deficiencies (i.e., missing docs or incorrect information). If deficiencies are identified, once you fix them, they have another 10 days to review. Once the claim has been approved, the 90 day clock starts for them to complete the buyback (it's not clear whether that time can be extended past 90 days at the owner's discretion).

Everything that's happening now is preliminary. No time limits are running (except to opt out, or for eligible sellers to identify themselves, both of which expired on Friday). VW is taking information in advance of the settlement's approval, likely in an attempt to get a head start on processing the claims so they aren't as badly swamped the end of next month as they otherwise would be.

billmn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW stock:Totaled 2000 black Golf gls 315K : retired
And yet again people who totaled out their car between 9/16/2015 and 9/16/2016 are potentially screwed :(

First you have to register as a qualified seller and get screwed out of 1. the retail price of the car due to the cars sale values dropping, and 2. half of the settlement even though no one can claim a branded car so no one will be able to claim to be a qualified buyer

and now my insurance company is unwilling to give me any info on what happened to the car, or any info on where it is or who bought it... so no Ia m not able to file the required paperwork and am most likely out the settlement due to a qualified seller!

Thank you VW can I have another!

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
If you haven't already registered as an Eligible Seller, it's too late--the deadline for that was last Friday. But to your other points:

1. You sold the car to your insurance company. What they did with it subsequently doesn't matter.
2. If the car didn't already have a branded title on 9/15/15, its buyer could potentially file a claim.

Armby

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf
And yet again people who totaled out their car between 9/16/2015 and 9/16/2016 are potentially screwed :(

First you have to register as a qualified seller and get screwed out of 1. the retail price of the car due to the cars sale values dropping, and 2. half of the settlement even though no one can claim a branded car so no one will be able to claim to be a qualified buyer

and now my insurance company is unwilling to give me any info on what happened to the car, or any info on where it is or who bought it... so no Ia m not able to file the required paperwork and am most likely out the settlement due to a qualified seller!

Thank you VW can I have another!
So many factual errors in what you just said that I won't even try to correct you. 3 questions:
1. Are you just trolling?
2. Was your car transferred to the insurance company before June 28, 2016 (or after Sept 16)
3. Did you register as an Eligible Seller by Sept 16 (last Friday)

If your answers are 1) No and 2) Yes 3) Yes then calm down. If not then, sorry, probably can't help you

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Scanned and uploaded my documents as pdf files this morning. Got no e-mail acknowledgement, but I went back to the web site and it does show my documents are uploaded and to be reviewed.
Odd. I got an email acknowledgement with a minute or two. It just says 'thanks and wait'.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Odd. I got an email acknowledgement with a minute or two. It just says 'thanks and wait'.
One finally came in. I think my e-mail service, Yahoo, was having problems this morning.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Since I still have a loan and it's not thru VW credit, they need consent to contact my lender. It looks like I'm supposed to download a consent form, but when I click "download" it says file not found. Anyone else in this situation?
I get a 404 when attempting to download the financial document.

yadent

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Hi Everyone,
I have been reading the dieselgate forums for awhile but this is my first post.
I forgot to write down the mailing address where I need to send in registration and other documents. Does anyone have this address? The VW rep was clueless when I called and said the online claim site is still work in progress. :confused:
Thanks in advance. :)
The address I was given is: Claim Documentation
P.O. Box 214500
Auburn Hills, MI 48326

kuklaki

TDI
2011 Audi A3 S-line//Non-TDI: 2016 Audi e-tron
Can't use chrome. Try it or edge like I mention a few post back.
Used chrome at work to upload most docs and submitted at home for the last doc using mobile chrome. Worked fine for me.

MrWrench

TDI
2014 Jetta premium/nav
i used safari without any issues. Does anyone know how long on average it takes them to approve the documents?

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Someone has C&P'd a chat with a VW rep into one of these threads, one "John," who told him "-up to 20 days." I guess that means from the day he uploaded them— or not.

DanCsTDI

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Wouldn't put too much faith into what thy say. I was chatting with one of them last week. I asked when we can upload docs. They told me starting October 18th. 2 days later the upload site started.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
When the announced the goodwill cards, many people were able to register before the site offically went live. Most if not all of those people then had to do it all again after they determeined that their information never got saved. I'm waiting until the 18th.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
That site is very glitchy. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone (myself included) who's uploaded documents prior to 10/18 winds up having to upload everything all over again when the "ready for primetime" site comes online.

That being said...it took like 30 seconds to upload the documents, so you aren't really out anything if you want to upload them just for $h1ts and giggles.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
That site is very glitchy. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone (myself included) who's uploaded documents prior to 10/18 winds up having to upload everything all over again when the "ready for primetime" site comes online.

I remember, for the Goodwill cards, I applied very early, and nothing happened. Then I had to re-apply all over again, because my initial application was a day or two early. You may be right. Would not be shocked if we have to upload all over again after Oct 18.

DancingDiesel

TDI
2011 JSW DSG
Just went to the site to upload title, etc and it says
VW will be contacting me concerning any documentation that is needed.
Wondering if that is a generic statement now?

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI BOUGHT BACK 23 NOV 16. Now owner of 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Anyone want to reach out to VW either via chat or phone call that has uploaded the docs and ask if they have "officially" received them or if we have to wait?