VWR on MK7 TDi = forward rake?

witchcraftz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
The H&R springs are correct for the TDI whereas the VWR are incorrect, the VWR are designed for a AWD TDI Golf sitting on a IRS suspension similar to a GTI. They don't work on the North American TDIs.

witchcraftz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Recap: only H&R seem to make the correct springs for rear solid beam axle TDIs (North America). Don't get Eibach, DG, VWR or GTI springs to put on your TDI Golf.

witchcraftz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Made a crappy animated GIF showing the H&Rs vs stock GTI. It's not exact since the cars weren't in the same position but it shows that the front is a basically the same and the rear a little bit lower.

Picaroon

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL DSG
Hey fellas I'm a nube here but I've been trolling for a while.

I came across this thread and it was just what I was looking for to help me decide what springs to go with. I picked up a buy back 2015 Golf TDI SEL w/DSG with just 11k miles.
I ended up going with H&R, just found and ordered a set for $205 shipped! You have to love the holiday deals out there. Special thanks to witchcraftz for the crappy animated GIF..lol

Geist296

TDI
2015 GSW SEL DSG White with Quartz/Black interior
Here is a GSW on Eibachs for comparison. Not sure if adaptors were used in the rear to compensate for the wagon weight.
That is my car, and no there were no adapters for the rear. The ride is perfect and hands down handles just about where I need it. I did add the Neuspeed rear sway bar as well.

witchcraftz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Just to show that this setup does work for some more extreme wheel setups, here is the car riding on some 19" wheels. They are 8.5" in front and 9.5" in the rear.
The tires are quite large size too.
Front tires are 235/35r19 rear are 265/30r19. It only rubs a bit hitting bad bumps in the road.

Last edited:

OlePickleHead

TDI
MK7 Golf TDI sel
I felt this thread was pretty helpful when deciding what springs to get as well. ‘15 golf on the eibach set up. Stock shocks. I enjoy the ride quite a bit, little bit of rubbing but I’m running 18x8.5 +35 wheels with 245/40/18 tires. The springs ended up being much lower than advertised. About 2” actually, but I have an even fender gap.

Last edited: