Mechanic in Central Florida for EGR work on V10 TDI

leebo

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2004 Touareg V10 TDI
Hello Guys & Gals -

I need to find someone that has a bit more mechanical inclination than me - and smaller hands - to work on a little custom project on my Touareg V10 TDI in Central Florida. I checked the mechanics by state list, but the single Florida tech listed is pretty far away.

The work should be easy enough for someone with the right tools (5mm allen wrench) and smallish hands. I have 2 "wiring harnesses" that I need to install to a connector located behind each cylinder bank. To effectively reach the connector, the EGR/Anti-shudder valve needs to be removed from each intake manifold (4x5mm allen bolts/each).

I managed to get the EGR/Anti-shudder valve off the passenger-side intake manifold in about 10 minutes using a 5mm allen wrench, but my hands were just a bit too large to remove the wiring connector. It took about 20 minutes to put the EGR/Anti-shudder valve back on. So I figure the entire job for both connectors will take about 90 minutes at the outside...

Anyone know a VW/Audi tech that might want to tackle this for me located in the Central Florida area? I guess anyone with a bit of mechanical skill and smaller hands than mine could do the job. Given we're dealing with the exhaust system, it would probably be better to work on it at my house in Chuluota (i.e., without starting the motor and getting the system hot).

BTW - I'd love to get an intake manifold cleaning while I'm at it, but that would add more time to the job and isn't really required for this job.

Thanks for suggestions, Guys.

d2305

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Ram EcoDiesel
There's a guru in Tampa who has a good reputation. LWB053 Keith Scarborough. 100 miles isn't too bad. I don't think that anyone has much experience with V10s though.

Last edited: