Pictures of my new 2006.5 Jetta TDI PKG2 DSG

Maven

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI, Black/Black, PKG2
OK, I am super excited so this may seem incoherent but I have pictures posted to my own personal picture gallery. Here is some of them...

This is my new 2006.5 Jetta TDI w/DSG PKG2 Black w/dark interior...yadda yadda. Complete with power outlet, tire montoring, etc. :D

I have not received it yet because they need to detail, check, whatever dealerships do, etc. I should have time to pick it up next week and will take what ever strange (even it seems like a fetish) requests to take pictures of whatever your heart desires...provided I don't need to dismantle the engine to determine the product code of the pistons, etc...

Enjoy

http://techgmen.com/photo/thumbnails.php?album=14

Full size images available at my photo gallery listed above, complete with more detailed window sticker photos!!

Last edited:

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Very nice - I like the new rims. What exactly is the third pic above (with what looks like a power outlet)?

Maven

Veteran Member
TDI
Zedbra said:
Very nice - I like the new rims. What exactly is the third pic above (with what looks like a power outlet)?
You are correct. This is the power outlet behind the center console.

Maven

Veteran Member
TDI
Wheel comparison

I didn't notice much of a difference between the previous 2006 wheels and these. From my standpoint it looks like a finish difference, but more experienced eyes may see more.

My Wheels

Image from 069.9TDI's post of his new vehicle

Maven

Veteran Member
TDI
TwinDiesel said:
Take it from me--you're going to want to tint your windows pretty quickly.
I am looking at the 3M Black Chrome 35% tint option. I really like the look of the way they did the metallic tint.

I hope to have the tint done at the same time as the clear bra install.

Indycar

TDI
1998 Beetle TDI 5 Speed
I have a 2006.5 with the same exact options/colors that is suppose to assembled next week, thanks for posting the pics, they answered some questions I had that my dealer couldnt answer because he has not had a Pack 2 car in the new batch yet. He also told me they are not making too many more pack 2 cars and will have a "Special Edition" TDI coming out soon and will have Pack 1 and some additional options that are currently on pack 2.

Maven

Veteran Member
TDI
Indycar said:
I have a 2006.5 with the same exact options/colors that is suppose to assembled next week, thanks for posting the pics, they answered some questions I had that my dealer couldnt answer because he has not had a Pack 2 car in the new batch yet. He also told me they are not making too many more pack 2 cars and will have a "Special Edition" TDI coming out soon and will have Pack 1 and some additional options that are currently on pack 2.
Congrats on the purchase. Looks much better in your own driveway than on the lot.

Already happy with the MPG on my first trip home...and I don't think I was trying too hard for economy. Plus I had to show it to some friends and stop and take them on rides, which didn't help either.

Indycar

TDI
1998 Beetle TDI 5 Speed
Hey it does look great in the driveway, do you know when your car was assembled? Just curious as to how long it takes from the build date to when your dealer received the car? Mine is suppose to be assembled next week.

alayos

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi
nice ride.
well welcome to tdiclub... we are full of useful, interesting, and moneysaving knowledge. some of us, as you will see, are obsessed with diesels.
with that said i would suggest taking care of your car from day 1 (useing the right oil, priming the turbo when changing the oil, changing filters normaly yadda yadda) and it will last you a long long time. although you alreadly look like you will be doing just that :)

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
very nice - go luck and welcome to TDI

Please register your DSG in the owners database. you can learn about other users and track problems. The more we get in the data base the better chance that the data will be meaningful

Thanks

Maven

Veteran Member
TDI
Indycar said:
Hey it does look great in the driveway, do you know when your car was assembled? Just curious as to how long it takes from the build date to when your dealer received the car? Mine is suppose to be assembled next week.
When I went to the dealer on Mid July they told me they were getting a Pkg 2 TDI with the colors I wanted and I could put a deposit in on it. That was my "ordering" of it so I don't know when VW ordered it for the dealership as the sales manager said it was one of the autoshipped models that they just get sent. From my understanding they started manufacturing them in July, so depending on transport times, build queues, etc it could take from a month or two to get to the lot. I know Chris does a good job tracking orders for his customers during the entire process, so the ability to check where it is at is out there. Chris might even be able to help you with the direction you need to send your dealer to get that info. Hopefully your sales team is more competant than mine was. The first sales manager I talked to in July is now perusing the help wanted ads...

Maven

Veteran Member
TDI
alayos said:
nice ride.
well welcome to tdiclub... we are full of useful, interesting, and moneysaving knowledge. some of us, as you will see, are obsessed with diesels.
with that said i would suggest taking care of your car from day 1 (useing the right oil, priming the turbo when changing the oil, changing filters normaly yadda yadda) and it will last you a long long time. although you alreadly look like you will be doing just that :)
Thanks for the welcome. I have been doing my own vehicle maintainence for well, at least since I started riding my "big green machine" at age 6. I am listed on the BMW registry as being a place for BMW owners to go if they run into problems on the road and need some shop space to do quick repairs, so hopefully I can give back here too as I have already learned so much already from everyone's experiences and insight. I suggest reading "The Wisdom of Crowds", great book.

I also have several contacts from owning the BMW that are really excited to see my new TDI even though I just sold the Z3 yesterday. They are fairly knowledgable in most imported vehicles, so hopefully I can bring some of their experience here also.

The GTGs also look right up my alley (I enjoyed the BMW and Jeep variants of the same thing). I also might be bringing a gasser Jetta owner that bought his used into the VW social mix (he didn't know about GTGs until I told him last week. He wanted a TDI but for some reason couldn't find a used one :D

Maven

Veteran Member
TDI
wjdell said:
very nice - go luck and welcome to TDI

Please register your DSG in the owners database. you can learn about other users and track problems. The more we get in the data base the better chance that the data will be meaningful

Thanks
Thanks WJ. I already looked through your posting and will get my info on there shortly. I have family in town and have been spending a lot of time with my little sisters (8 & 10) so I haven't had time in the last 14 hours to get all the required info yet. Heck I haven't seen more of the manual than when the sales person went "and this is the manual, which I'm sure you won't look at right away, as you already know more than me on these things, but this is where it is in your car."

I do have to say I like the DSG MUCH better than the manual just for the shifting of 1-3 gears. The torque in first is massive and I have noticed the DSG only keeps it in first for about a second. The shifting is so much smoother than I could do (and this is someone who just sold what was shy of a race car with more torque and twice the horsepower). My sister (25 year old Mini owner w/manual tranny) often wondered how I could shift "without shifting" as I could go through the gears so fast in the BMW without passengers feeling the changes. I know this shifts faster than I ever did and handles that low end torque much more gracefully.

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
Thats great yes enjoy your family the data base will be there

you are correct the trans is a wonder box.
if you have any problems locateing the production date write me

lvleph

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta Reflexive Silver PKG0
I would delete the photo with your VIN number. There are lots of different things one can do with that.

I want that AC outlet. I need to find out more about that.

Diesel Girl

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Pkg2 (Black)
Lovely!

Your TDI is absolutely beautiful. It looks exactly like mine, but I have the wheels that 069.9TDI has on his and mine is a stick.

I have only had my TDI for about 3 weeks and everytime I get in it to drive somewhere I like it even more.

Thanks for sharing these photos with us.:)

Maven

Veteran Member
TDI
First fueling

Finally needed to give her more juice. I tell you I felt like I was doing something wrong and was going to break my new car by pumping diesel into her. She took it all right in, all 13.5 gallons.

I am guessing the dealer didn't fill her as full as I did but I got 493 miles on the first tank with the computer registering 41.3 mpg.

She now has some good Amoco diesel with PS grey additive. I have already noticed a difference just watching the computer during my road trips.

Also made an appointment for next Saturday for getting the tint done...and so it begins.;)

Also just recieved my fuel card in the mail today for the local co-op so she can get bio next time.

robrichtx

Veteran Member
TDI
Maven said:
Also just recieved my fuel card in the mail today for the local co-op so she can get bio next time.
Good Choice there Maven - one of the easier and better mods you can do for your PD. Just ensure the fuel is within spec. BioD is one of the biggest reasons I chose a TDI.

Rob

Maven

Veteran Member
TDI
Tint is done and looking good

I went for a graduated effect from the windshield to the back
Brand=Llumar Charcoal HTP
Windshield=None/Stock
Front Windows=50%
Rear Windows=35%
Back Window=15%
For any that are confused tint is measured by the amount of light it will let through.

Last edited:

bulabula

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 Jetta; A4 Golf 2-door; Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel
Maven said:
I went for a graduated effect from the windshield to the back
Brand=Llumar Charcoal HTP
Windshield=0%
Front Windows=50%
Rear Windows=35%
Back Window=15%
For any that are confused tint is measured by the amount of light it will let through.
Thats a good idea, but shouldn't the windshield approach 100% rather than 0%?

Maven

Veteran Member
TDI
Got the clear bra

I said I was going to and I hate to be called a liar...plus I was getting rock dings already with less than 3K on the odo. So I made the appointment, did the paint touchups (yes, wet sanding your new paint is putting the faith of your handiwork to the test), and got 'er dun!

I will post some pics...which is wierd because you can hardly see it. One of my coworkers looked at it after it was done and had to 'feel around' to find it.

And to satisfy those who always would like to know, and because I love disseminating information. The cost was $200 for an 18" coverage on the hood and the front quarterpanels. I choose only to have these done because the rest will probably get replaced or covered up at some point. While they were doing it I took a peek at the price sheets behind the counter and the pricing for dealers was $150 for the same job (in case anyone would like to haggle with their contacts). My price (retail) for 12" would have been $175, but the 18" covered up every thing that was forward facing on the quarterpanels, which is what I was concerned with.

These guys have been great with me so far so I didn't mind the extra little bit of cash out of the pocket, plus the work was well worth it. I highly suggest spending the money to get it professionally done instead of spending the same amount or more to buy one of these precut kits.

It took about 2 hours for a highly skilled pro to do this...if I had done it (and I consider myself highly skilled at many things) it would have probably not been so 'clear' and might not have made it too far. But this comes with a 5 year warranty, so that too is something to consider.

Maven

Veteran Member
TDI
Fall is coming and other updates

My web service crashed so I can't post the clear cra and hitch pictures...:mad:

At least I got her washed and waxed before the bad weather comes. :)

Last edited:

creativemedia

TDI
Jetta TDI
Maven,
Interested in seeing your pics but cant seem to see them. We just picked up (last week) our new jetta blk/antr leather (07-06) & noticed a few things slighly different from our friends new jetta made 06-06. small things but nothing noted in the manual etc. would like to get a list from vw or an ammendment to the manual.

As for tinting, i thing the blk w tinting will be very classy. we plan on getting Huper Optik tinting which keeps the heat out (being blk it helps).

love to see your pics.
al

Maven

Veteran Member
TDI
creativemedia said:
Maven,
Interested in seeing your pics but cant seem to see them. We just picked up (last week) our new jetta blk/antr leather (07-06) & noticed a few things slighly different from our friends new jetta made 06-06. small things but nothing noted in the manual etc. would like to get a list from vw or an ammendment to the manual.

As for tinting, i thing the blk w tinting will be very classy. we plan on getting Huper Optik tinting which keeps the heat out (being blk it helps).

love to see your pics.
al
I wish I could see my pictures too :)

Still waiting for my hosting provider to get their heads out of...well, you know how the old saying goes.

So I'll get them up sometime.

FredIA

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 A5 Jetta, Shadow Blue, Pkg #1/XM, rear side curtain airbags
Maven: post your pix to a free site like putfile.com... then if your ISP works you can always move them to your paid provider... :cool:

FWIW, it's working as of the post time, but a little slow on the loads.

Fred