Clogged up Intake

Alcohol

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
How do you keep the intake from clogging up? I saw my neighbors yesterday and it was awful,,less than 60,000 miles,,Is there an additive we can use?

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Yep! get rid of the EGR...I'm finally getting it done.. especially with the failures of the dpf twice and the egr filter and now the updated "non egr filter" dealer puts in.. GOD knows how much soot etc.. is getting into the intake and turbo! Of course please correct me if I'm wrong Gurus..

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
I'm no guru but let me ask a couple dumb questions: does your neighbor drive a TDI also? What year?

We've been told time after time that the ULSD stuff should result in minimal intake clogging. That and running your car on boost like it's meant to be (not babying it) should keep the intake tract free.

Then again, we don't know what the EGR duty cycle is but based on the "fix" we can assume it's higher now than it was originally.

I don't think there is any particular additive you can use that prevents it from clogging (if it's going to clog), I think it depends more on the quality of fuel itself and your driving style.

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
How do you keep the intake from clogging up? I saw my neighbors yesterday and it was awful,,less than 60,000 miles,,Is there an additive we can use?
Yes, your right foot. Aka hammer dog it every so often. :)

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk