TDI 06 Jetta GURU Tubo problems

cdutton

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I have 06 jetta TDI.
1) About 3 weeks ago low coolant alarm went off, added coolant and was good for a day so I realized I had leak. Found leak from small hose for EGR cooler. ordered part and drove 2 more days till hose came, low coolant light came on a couple times but never raised engine temperature. will it damage EGR cooler driving car with low coolant.
2) after driving a couple hours a week later was going up small incline and I could feel it all o f the sudden loose power, I think the Turbo cut out. When the engine cools or I think when cut off and restarted it works again. it will go a couple of days and power cuts off again. It is happening more often now. i also hear load exhaust from the rear like back pressure not a leak.
I put scanner on it and got a P2112 Throttle valve stuck closed code and a 299 pending for super charger/turbo under boost. Reading some of the Forums I found a throttle body for $40.00 and bought right then for that price. I am hoping this is the problem and not the turbo itself.
Would like some feed back if anybody might know what the problem might be.
3) Can I use throttle body cleaner in the throttle body on passenger side and the air intake on drivers side that looks like it goes into Mass Air sensor, ERG and turbo.
i leave in the N. Virginia area if someone is in the area.
Thanks Chris:)

cdutton

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Sorry the pending code was PO-299 for under boost and p2112 was for throttle accuator stuck closed. Throttle position senor goes from 27.0 to 94.7 and when there is no turbo it is stuck at 94.7%.
Seems like it could be accuator or throttle position senor. Have not looked at manual yet but i take it these are two different parts.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
I don't believe these motors have a throttle body. That part is probably ASV flap. I would put an ohm meter on the TPS and look for dead or non-linear spots. They've failed before, but I don't recall which code is set. Did you search on that code?

I would not rely on a generic OBDII scanner for this. You may missing valuable stored data.

cdutton

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I had 2 codes P2112 throttle body stuck closed and P0299 PENDING for turbo under boost, i order and replace the EGR Flapper device but car did not run after that so i cleaned old one and put back on. Seemed better for a while. took to shop because i thought and heard new part needed to be initiated to vehicle. They tested part and it was bad, going to return part and try new one.
The shop cleaned the old Throttle body/EGR part and was noticeably better after that for a day. TP sencor goes from 24% skip alot to 38% then 94% when running Ok
When turbo is out exhaust is louder and TPS sencor stays at 94%.
The turbo cuts out when under load or going up hill, I can turn car off and restart and turbo is back.
Any help would be great.
Thanks Chris

cdutton

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
It called the ASV and read that it also effects the way the engine shuts down, when my is acting up it shuts down hard.