270bhp on stock injectors? (PD130 ASZ)

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
I could sit here and answer your points, but for me there is nothing more technical to be had from this.

Last reply from me.

Good luck

Sheppy

TDI
Polo GT TDi, 2260, Stock injectors, 225bhp
Last reply from me.
Good

Back to technical talk, heres a few more, and below some technical information as to how this might be possible, one of the best posts I ever read in terms of understanding.

Another:

Seat Leon PD150 Narco Tuning Custom remap
XMan Turbos GTB2260
Custom FMIC
2.5" downpipe and exhaust
Alloy intake with MAF delete
Stock injectors
272bhp / 370lbft @ 23'c 1015mbar bar on our own Dyno
263bhp / 390lbft @ 28.5'c 1020mbar on a MAHA for comparison

My view on SOI is that it should not really be advanced more that a degree or two from standard and my reason is this. There are 360 degrees in a single rotation of the engine and I know people write about high exhaust gas temperatures resulting from a late end of injection but I honestly think its not the EOI that is the problem.Even 20 degrees EOI (which would probably never happen!) is only 5% of the engines rotation, it still has 340 degrees of rotation left! I think high exhaust gas temperatures are far more to do with fuel being injected way past the point at which most of the available air is left for it to burn. As a result the burn is very slow indeed and results in black smoke and high EGT's. A big turbo and high boost can run very late EOI's and still have enough air to burn the fuel provided by even quite ridiculous duration lengths. A very large turbo, possibly this one even, may be able to sustain durations for which the limit may actually be how long the lump on the camshaft is that pushes the injector plunger down!

The other thing to think of about EOI times is this:-In isolation is it actually that bad a thing? Look at your peddle bike, now sit on the seat and push on one of the peddles. At which point are you going to get the most thrust at the back wheel of your bike? " Top Dead Centre"? peddle at the top? Nope! It will be at 90 degrees after TDC. Ok I know you cant have such a late EOI but I think the key is that you want the hardest part of the bang to occur then. For this reason I think higher boost easily makes up for NOT advancing SOI. A higher boost creates a faster explosion that does not need to be started much before TDC to keep up with the engine speed. Take away the boost and you need a very advanced SOI, very much before TDC. This is what VW do when the turbo is off boost, the big old block of 15 degree SOI's that you can see on their maps.

To summarise then, I actually think some very long durations can be used but the proviso being very little smoke.

I notice people don't often touch duration map 0? I used to think there was no need, I mean the selector for duration seems to suggest it isnt really used much, if at all. It most certainly is though, flat map it to zero and you will find a the car very lethargic to rev above 3200 rpm. Do the opposite and change nothing but map 0, to very high values, on a standard car and you will find it smokes at high RPM. Map 0 should be regarded by both the selector for duration map and as a high RPM map. I've mentioned it before but I have tried the above, real world....

Last edited:

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Makes some sense, but ideal point of peak pressure is between 12-15 deg after tdc. If u run later than that u are running sub optimal and efficiency goes down. In serial engines this is done mainly for 2 reasons: knock in otto engine, and peak cylinder pressure or nvh in diesel cylce.
Also near beginning and end of pd lobe the gradient gets less, reducing inj pressure.

Lets put it this way, if 50 deg of duration would be so nice, vw really woulndt have made bigger nozzles in a pd130/150 as when compared to pd100. Lets be honest, if at all why would they cope with high raw soot levels because of this?

skillaturbos

TDI
SEAT IBIZA 6L CUPRA TDI
Bobby you are really missing the point of these forums and diesel tuning innovation by asking these questions around sustained EGTs. Every car is tuned in different ways with different goals in mind. Skillaturbo is tuning his own car himself and is enjoying exploring and pushing the limits. He seems to be tuning the top end of his car to complete 1/4 mile drags not take the car on Nordschleife and survive Dottingher Hohe or the fast uphill sections. So what's the point in asking about sustained EGT temps?

Noone claimed it's "safe"... unless I missed something? But I'm sure you can deduce what is and what isn't safe yourself, as explained above it's proably "safe" to run these durations for a few 1/4 mile drags 3 times per year, but not take the car out on a track day

Yes he can? Or can you point me to the forum rules that says something like "people cannot discuss their achievements and findings with research related activites without a gruelling from vendors and tuners who have not achieved the same". What do you think this forum is about? Who are you to say what people can and cannot discuss here? Why are your minds all so closed you have to shut someone down and discourage talk which I find very factually interesting and is completely in line with the discussion objectives of the forum? He doesn't need to give anything you ask. You should be grateful that someone has risked their own personal hardware to pistons cracking and turbos melting in order really push the limits and actually come here, share the results, show what can be done and spark a discussion. The industry needs more of this. If anyone is breaking forum rules it should be you by discouraging this work and pushing the thread off topic - towards what people can and cannot say and away from the technical aspects of the hardware and tuning. Shame on you!

I think it's absolutely disgusting the attitute of some of these comments and it puts me off wanting to read topics on the forums, funnily enough these comments always appear to come from tuners or vendors who are salty that they either cannot achieve it themselves/are too lazy or cheap to do some research and development themselves or feel it might raise the expectations of their customers towards something they cannot offer them as it's deemed "unsafe". Like I said, it depends on the use cases of the car in question.

Finally. Couldn't say it better myself. Thank you for appreciating and recognising his efforts

Don't be discouraged skillaturbos, there are still people here who do appreciate and are enthusiastic to see your results. Good job
Thanks mate. At least some people saw my point. I'm not better than anyone and I'm just showing my achievements and of course defending myself when they seems to say that I'm lying on what I have in the car.
Keep up your good understanding and sharing your knowledge mate. Great job

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
The very smokey video of Skilla Turbo's car was removed.

Wonder why :)

I can see both sides. But the fact is Bobby (for example) has asked for some pretty clear data and that has just been laughed side makes me think that the tune is very unsafe and just for bragging rights. Why not say you are running 52 degrees of duration.

Those pieces of key data, egt, lambda, duration etc , is key to knowing how a car has been ran and how a car will likely run. Sustained EGT temps are important to know. Because this dictates the longevity of the setup.
I know what duration values that one tuner mentioned here was running on a stock PD150 with a GTB2260 (I think it was a test vehicle) and it was laughably high. Even he said he would never run those values on the road or a customers cars.

I'm sure you could make a stock PD130 do 250bhp if you to run 3 bar of boost and run crazy duration. But it would do it once and then you'd be picking bits of turbo out of the tarmac.

Doing much over 40 degrees is asking for trouble especially when most people abuse their car, don't monitor key information like EGT's or oil temps.

There are lots of posts from knowledgeable people on here that running much over 40 degrees duration (combined with SOI and changes) can massively increase risk of engine damage. Many of these people advising are some of the leading enthusiasts, tuners and experts in their field, many of which being the first to develop new technology and the first to break through many boundaries.

I'm all for seeing people develop, try things that perhaps were considered risky or no-go, especially now you can buy a PD130 for 50p and a packet of fags, but PD tuning is not rocket science, it has been around for 15 years and more, if there were black magic science to it that was safe for road use, it would have been discovered by now.

So while it may be "possible" to run 270+ on stock injectors it should be made clear that this is not a daily drive setup and absolutely should not be used on track or on top speed runs and certainly not on customer cars. I don't see the point other than trying to show off. You could do a lot of things, doesn't mean you want to and certainly doesn't make it big or clever.

I for one would much rather have a safe and repeatable 235-240bhp that I can abuse every day than a risky 280bhp and have massive cylinder pressures and risk cracked pistons or other terminal engine damage. Much better to get +50 or 80% injectors if you want 250-300bhp and a clean driving experience.

p0wer

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 3 -94 1Z 377hp, Golf 3 Cabrio 4-Motion 1.8T 620hp, Golf 3 Syncro 2.9 VR6 HX52, Bora AJM 4-Motion 2260vk +120% Firad, Passat 3B Syncro AFN 2260vk
Much better to get +50 or 80% injectors if you want 250-300bhp and a clean driving experience.
We just dynoed ATJ 279hp/510Nm with 37 degree duration DSSR +130%/8mm, CNC head and 10mm cam, big filter and exhaust, 2260vk 2.2bar and AFR 15. EGT around 850-900C without water.

Looks like stock 96kW PD nozzles would gave same power, i don´t know. Would be nice to try.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
a lot of duration. I made one with 8.5mm pde and 80% and it made same power/torque as yours, although only 33° duration, pretty smoky with stock head/dbilas cam/2.4 bar with 2260 hybrid.

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
Even if they did give the same power (which I don't think they do but whatever) you will be running 45-55 degree duration.

Much much much much safer with your 120% nozzles although 80% should be fine for those numbers in theory, but can depend on injector and other factors.

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
Look at ppd170 2.0 16v engines. Every tune is over 40deg duration. Stock duration maps request close to 40 degrees for 70mg@4500 rpm. I ran year and a half with 54deg duration@4500rpm. Head cracked but hey, they crack even on stock engines. Now i use AMC head for 40kkm so will see how much will last.

I always wondered how this engine can take so much duration.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
lol u say yourself, crack already on stock car. the reason that they forced to make small nozzles is to get any reasonable atomisation at late SOI (pd lobe running out of lift) for post injection for DPF. also maybe bit for engine out PM emissions. also the long duration they get increases EGT and helps to bring cat faster to temp and maybe increase CRT effect in the DPF a bit due to higher EGTs for similar engine load.

moivw

Veteran Member
TDI
Séat ibiza(s): ahu and pd100
I m sure some hesitate to post for different reasons, it is possible but of course will require a turbo that can handle egt and some reasonnable driving, rings will not last as fine due to pcp and temperature, otherwise, i am happy to feel some still have to find out how.
In the signature this golf 2 swaped pd weight as much as an ibiza 6l european, and was already ahead of 135i with this tune, now up a few 6-9 hp, it is faster than an rs3 smokefree at low temps. But, there is some mechanical effort to do so

Ps: from speedometer (gps tested), this golf 2 goes a little faster than the skillaturbos cupra (same speedometer and possibly close wheel diameter). For the little story he deleted me on facebook the day i shared this video

Ps2: the customer insisted that i try to push stock injectors to see the possible output. The engine will be rebuilt, prepared. Injectors are next to come.

Last edited:

Sheppy

TDI
Can I just quickly point something out about the topic of this thread.

The original poster asks:
Friggerpants said:
I've read on the internet, the injectors are maxed out at 220bhp, yet this guy believes to have 270bhp out of his?
He want's to know if this is possible, not safe.

Responses quickly follow:

Drivbiwire said:
Drivibiwire said:
So far PURE BS.......
Bobby Singh said:
I agree its bs
borachris said:
Once again a case of total BS from the Brits lmao!
Pieman said:
Anyway this is off topic...............................stock injector will not make that power.
JTT said:
I dont think you can get more than 230hp out of stock injectors.
And so on...

It has been proved countless times, in response to the OPs question, that more than 230bhp is possible with these injectors.

Except when it's proved, everyone changes the topic from is it possible to.. is it safe... now... its "ohhh... yehhh... sorry. 270bhp is actually possible, but you will crack your pistons, you'll pick bits of your turbo out of the tarmac". It's like no-one wants to believe that the answer to the question, is yes.

Asking about sustained EGT when the car never runs these durations sustained (i.e. doing a drag), is completely pointless with regard to the OPs question.

The bottom line is, yes, 270-300bhp is possible with stock injectors, but depending on the use case could be very dangerous and cause serious engine damage.

Thread closed in my opinion.

It's the crap in between that bugs me, stuff like "haha that dyno must produce world records", or "you cant come here, answer the OPs question and not give away your secrets as to how you achieved it"

Now Drivibiwire, Bobby, (prejudice)borachris, Pieman.... eat humble pie and take back your mostly rude comments.

Last edited:

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
Not depending on use, it is very dangerous and it will cause serious engine damage.

The OP (and anyone) deserves to know things like what the EGTs are (you can't work out duration or any other 'secrets' from just knowing EGT).
It should also be said upfront about the danger rather than it having to be dragged out.

It is factually correct, that you cannot safely flow more than 240 or so at a push from PD130 injectors.
The fact they CAN be pushed to provide more flow is irrelevant. Do you think that's the reason why tuners, who are taking peoples money and have a reputation and what not to uphold, say they can't do more than 240?

If you aren't used to having BS called out or topics changing slightly then maybe forums aren't the best place for you :)

Last edited:

Sheppy

TDI
Not depending on use, it is very dangerous and it will cause serious engine damage.
Yes, it is depending on use:
- If you never use 100% throttle, the ECU will never use the durations required to cause engine damage.
- If you run one 4th gear dyno run at those durations, it is unlikely that enough heat and pressure will be generated to cause immediate engine failure. Likewise with a single drag strip run
- If you sit on the highway at 100% throttle at 4500rpm for 5 hours at those durations, running 1200C EGT, you will inevitably cause engine failure.

Hence... depending on use....................

The OP (and anyone) deserves to know things like what the EGTs are (you can't work out duration or any other 'secrets' from just knowing EGT).
It should also be said upfront about the danger rather than it having to be dragged out.
Yes, then the responses should be:
"it might be possible, but running that power on stock injectors will likely cause engine failure".

The poor responses are:
"its BS.
"More BS from the brits"
"Its impossible".

It is factually correct, that you cannot safely flow more than 240 or so at a push from PD130 injectors.
That is not factually correct, and you can safely push more than 240 from PD130 injectors, depending on use case. All the dyno graphs I have posted, and the videos of Skillaturbos car have factually proved that you can complete a dyno run and you can complete a drag at 270+ bhp on stock injectors. Your ignorance is high.

The fact they CAN be pushed to provide more flow is irrelevant.
It is 100% relevant, when the original poster asked if this is even possible, and the tuners responses are it is completely, 100% impossible, those dyno graphs are BS.

The OP was asking can they be pushed to provide more flow, not"is it safe".

Do you think that's the reason why tuners, who are taking peoples money and have a reputation and what not to uphold, say they can't do more than 240?
I don't know why they are saying this, when the evidence is produced the tuners say "the dyno is not calibrated". "He is using NOS". Continuing the boring theme of "safe *or not*, it is physically impossible"

If you aren't used to having BS called out or topics changing slightly then maybe forums aren't the best place for you :)
It's not bull****, it has been proved over and over and over again the following fact:

You can complete a dyno run on stock injectors at 270-290bhp

Which is, 100%, what the OP was asking (as he linked to a dyno print-out of 270bhp on stock injectors).

Can't believe I've had to write practically the same post twice in attempt to get this through to you.

Last edited:

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
Yes, it is depending on use:
- If you never use 100% throttle, the ECU will never use the durations required to cause engine damage.
- If you run one 4th gear dyno run at those durations, it is unlikely that enough heat and pressure will be generated to cause immediate engine failure. Likewise with a single drag strip run
- If you sit on the highway at 100% throttle at 4500rpm for 5 hours at those durations, running 1200C EGT, you will inevitably cause engine failure.

Hence... depending on use....................
You don't need to sit at 100% throttle for 5 hours though.
Did you miss the part where Bobby said he ran 40 degrees and on a daily driven car under normal daily driving conditions (occasional boost) he cracked pistons? He was not racing or competing. He drove it normally along the highway to work and did the occasional drag strip run

It can happen straight away.

Yes, then the responses should be:
"it might be possible, but running that power on stock injectors will likely cause engine failure".

The poor responses are:
"its BS.
"More BS from the brits"
"Its impossible".
Maybe so. But people don't always write things in a way that doesn't hurt your feelings.

That is not factually correct, and you can safely push more than 240 from PD130 injectors, depending on use case. All the dyno graphs I have posted, and the videos of Skillaturbos car have factually proved that you can complete a dyno run and you can complete a drag at 270+ bhp on stock injectors. Your ignorance is high.
It's not ignorance though is it? I said that while you could push that power through stock injectors it would be dangerous to do so.
While tuners and vendors (who have to live with law suits, slander, etc) say that PD130 injectors won't go past 240 because that is the MAXIMUM SAFE LIMIT)

It is 100% relevant, when the original poster asked if this is even possible, and the tuners responses are it is completely, 100% impossible, those dyno graphs are BS.

The OP was asking can they be pushed to provide more flow, not"is it safe".
But the safety is the key part! I could go out and shag the queen, but it would not be safe. So you say, no, you can't shag the queen

I don't know why they are saying this, when the evidence is produced the tuners say "the dyno is not calibrated". "He is using NOS". Continuing the boring theme of "safe *or not*, it is physically impossible"

It's not bull****, it has been proved over and over and over again the following fact:

You can complete a dyno run on stock injectors at 270-290bhp

Which is, 100%, what the OP was asking (as he linked to a dyno print-out of 270bhp on stock injectors).
Well, good for you. I hope you feel proud that you / your friends have made this major breakthrough. The world will be in shock.

Maybe do things properly using proper hardware, instead of cutting costs.
The ONLY reason not to upgrade to +50/80 injectors is COST.

You bore me.

Sheppy

TDI
You don't need to sit at 100% throttle for 5 hours though.
Did you miss the part where Bobby said he ran 40 degrees and on a daily driven car under normal daily driving conditions (occasional boost) he cracked pistons? He was not racing or competing. He drove it normally along the highway to work and did the occasional drag strip run

It can happen straight away.
100% throttle for 5 hours is an example to go to the extreme, interpolate between that use case and never putting your foot down.
So you admit, depending on use case.

Further, I never saw any evidence of the cracked pistons, or the use case. It is your speculation and Bobbys words that he drove the occasional drag strip run.

I have seen however evidence of 275bhp on a dyno on stock injectors, along with the EGT which was 818C at 4500rpm when the dyno run stopped (not high enough to melt pistons or turbos). I have also seen evidence that the car did not spontaneously blow up on the dyno, and Skillaturbos is still driving his 294bhp car daily, 2 years later.

Maybe so. But people don't always write things in a way that doesn't hurt your feelings.
Definately so, as it has been proved that none of this is bull****. Feelings dont come into this, its facts and figures. Neither mine, or any of my friends cars run above 225bhp on stock injectors.

It's not ignorance though is it? I said that while you could push that power through stock injectors it would be dangerous to do so.
While tuners and vendors (who have to live with law suits, slander, etc) say that PD130 injectors won't go past 240 because that is the MAXIMUM SAFE LIMIT)
You are still ignoring the fact that completing dyno runs and drag strip runs at 270+ is possible on stock injectors

But the safety is the key part! I could go out and shag the queen, but it would not be safe. So you say, no, you can't shag the queen
OP asked is this possible, not is this safe.
Responders said its "bull****" not that its dangerous

Well, good for you. I hope you feel proud that you / your friends have made this major breakthrough. The world will be in shock.

Maybe do things properly using proper hardware, instead of cutting costs.
The ONLY reason not to upgrade to +50/80 injectors is COST.
Already mentioned, neither myself or any of my friends have made this "major breakthrough". I am however, and so should other people, be in shock that this has been acheived, and no engines blew up!

You bore me.
Haha, I'm not here to entertain you buddy, just here learn and share facts and figures that I found around the internet.

Sorry I "hurt your feelings"

You, entertain me :)

Last edited:

p0wer

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 3 -94 1Z 377hp, Golf 3 Cabrio 4-Motion 1.8T 620hp, Golf 3 Syncro 2.9 VR6 HX52, Bora AJM 4-Motion 2260vk +120% Firad, Passat 3B Syncro AFN 2260vk
Can't believe I've had to write practically the same post twice in attempt to get this through to you.
Sounds quite much same, as I wrote I have 1Z engine with stock interiors and cheap mods doing 370hp/600nm+ :D

Well, most people are annoyed and won´t believe achievements when only results are visible but specs to the results are not shown. I won´t fully either before having more detailed specs. But i´m not annoyed, i am here to read and learn from results others have had. This kind of results are quite much like ever unprecedented magic trick shown on the forum. 50% does not believe its true, and another 50% are asking for specs ( which they will not get and does not again, believe ). That´s why you may see some disbelievers. But if you give the specs, you may have praise that you have done something what others haven´t yet and have congratulations on the results.

PD pistons, is true, that they are more easy to crack because of oil channel maybe. That´s why i´d prefer to use old style AHU/ALH pistons. Though, haven´t personally ever got broke either of them.

Last edited:

Sheppy

TDI
It's funny though, because specs don't provide evidence, they explain. Everyone wants an explaination so they ask for specs.

Dyno runs, videos, drag strip runs - these are evidence, when shown people start shouting "your running NOS", "the dyno makes world records", instead of taking it at face value.

It's sad

p0wer

Veteran Member
TDI
Believing is result of specs, evidence, pictures, video and other stuff. These days it´s hard to believe things which have no evidence. Also there are so much of things what can be measured differently and have simultanous results. EGT, power, pressures, acceleration etc. That´s the main problem when comparing 2 different results measured on different places, different way and with different gauges/sensors.

I think i would try to find these limits too from stock injectors if i would especially focused on PD´s. I like stock injectors because they work GOOD, every bigger ones what we´ve had ( Bosio, 2xFirad, DSS ) have always had small problems on normal use. Maybe bad luck too.

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
These are very good results and I like that people are still pushing the limits. The matter of safe or not is IMO irrelevant in this case. If one chooses to take the risk then go for it. I personally wouldn't run 550 injectors past 240hp on a customer car, but if you or your customers accept the risk then that's fine.

Few notes I have on this subject.
No info on possible additional mods done on the fueling system. There might be some real improvements to be had by modding the tandem pump or raising lift pump pressure. The fact that I have found is that making the nozzles larger does not nearly correlate to the power gain. For instance going from 80% Firads to 160% Firads will gain only a handfull of HP with the same duration. So that makes me belive there should be some other limiting factors in the system which make the power difference to be so small.

From my own testing with Bosio Race nozzles for PD years ago, I found out that there was very little gain to be had going above 40 degrees. IIRC the gain from going 40 to 42 deg with ~32deg SOI was only four or five HP. EGTs took a mild 100c jump from that and were closer to 1100C than 1000c... Oh and we did not get 300hp with those nozzles and duration... Other mods were 2260VK, Dbilas cam and other basic cooler and piping mods. IIRC boost was bit over 2.5bar.

skillaturbos

TDI
SEAT IBIZA 6L CUPRA TDI
Omg I wish English was my first language.
SHEPPY many many thanks for the support and I don't even know you. That is what I call fair play and great support on other people's projects.
I must say I bought the car with 4 years old and it had 50k miles. Like new. Done this setup 3 months later. This CURRENT setup and CURRENT turbo and CURRENT injectors still the original from the car. NEVER HAD ANY ISSUE WITH CAR. Car is driven with this setup and remap daily and I do give it really good show offs and always pushing it to the limits. Santapod I have been many many times this year and previous years and always running 100%.
So please don't say things you don't even know.
Really looks bad on your bad fair play. Car have now 105k and still getting better and better. I really can't believe such negative response I have seen here. That's why I NEVER go out on forums make other people's cars looking bad project's even though I'm in same tuning side.
How is this so hard to agree and believe that a PD160 with a small GTB2060VKLR and remap can go out there and compete with cars with 2260vk firad 80 120 CAM etc and some with NOS...
perhaps there are some knowledge behind and not lucky and lies.
Sorry but really disgusting some people attitude here. That's why you don't learn more perhaps.
final saying:
It's daily driving car with almost 300bhp setup
It has done so far 50k miles with same turbo and never broke and same engine and same PISTONS
Only 2060VKLR turbo
STOCK INJECTION
STOCK INTERCOOLER
STOCK AIR PIPES JUST REINFORCED JOINS
STOCK FREE EXHAUST PIPE
STOCK CAM
STOCK HEAD
STOCK PD160
STOCK GEARBOX
And REMAP
AND DONE by SKILLATURBOS

Don't need you to believe anyway.
Wish good business to everyone and also give an advice:
"Don't criticise... make better"

Ps: the SMOKE VIDEO IS HERE:
https://youtu.be/jBo3E0ZV4lA

And another one:
https://youtu.be/QLqMaoqVhsg

Last edited:

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
I think you didnt fit bigger injectors because you cant afford to. Cost is only reason, and maybe ease of mapping

Pull the head and check your pistons they may be cracked already but you may have no issues!

Just because Sheppy is happy to accept whatever you say without proof or logging doesn't mean the rest of us are.
Doesnt take much to log duration and boost.
Unfortunately you cant log egt on vcds on your car but i would imagine they are very high. This isnt** hating, this is just a fact.

Edited to say:
The smoke on the video at Narco is, in my opinion, totally unacceptable on a road car.

Last edited:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Offer of a free dyno run here to compare, we can stick the Lambda and EGT probes in if required

gabrieeel

TDI
IBIZA MK2 IT pd160
is it possible making 270hp in stock injectors? yea it is. its safe? no its not

what is the big deal?