Next GTG in DFW area?

doublebarrel

TDI
2015 Jetta S TDI
TDI's+good people+good BBQ=great time.Thanks to Steve for giving us a place to meet.I had a great time,nice to see what others have done to there cars.Too bad I was the only beetle.The cake was great,took my wife a piece and she loved it.Looking forward to the next GTG.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Missed it

:( :( Sorry I was not there. I got hung up on a 10 day business trip in New York State and did not get back to Houston until Friday night at 11:00 PM. Saturday was a wipe out dream session...

Tony

P.S. I know, I am a whimp...:p

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
It was very good. I had very good time .Thank you Steve for letting us having good time at your shop, and thank you for letting me use your car to show you my tool for getting SKC to program key.
And Robert ,I was only one with jetta 3 . That make us special:D:D:D

Last edited:

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
Thanks to everyone for coming. And a special thanks to my Motul lubricants rep Bob for donating the oil and brake fluid for the drawing. The winners of the drawing were (drum roll please) Bill from Houston won the Motul specific 504/507 oil and Will and Maureen won the Motul Dot 5 brake fluid, actually it was Maureen's name that was drawn.

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
Threads

jaydogg007 said:
You guys who bailed early missed the european cake.

Good to put names/faces together.

Steve, thanks for having us in the shop.

Someone PM me the fun thread(s) we discussed at lunch.
Here is a link to some of the things that we were discussing.

TXRanger83

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
wow this sucks just found this forum yesterday and this thread today...oh well I will look forward to the next one I am needing to meet some of the VW community since I am new to it

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
LOL. Cruise the thread. You'll see some posts by people who were at the GTG who could be very handy to know. mtbr297 has a shop in Ft. Worth and jetta 97 is around in Dallas.

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
I want to do something here. Maybe you should start a new thread. I figure we can plan one in the fall since the summer gets pretty hot around here.

dianac7

TDI
'99 Jetta(new body style)
If you post a new thread link to it here so that people like me who find this thread can find the new one :)

japedtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta wagon, repaired and sold 04 jetta sedan, traded for wifey's 06 jetta sedan, trade for you dont want to know;{to know
laps of charity @ tms

mtbr297 said:
I am looking to do a dyno day. I am looking at a couple locations.

i know it's kind of short notice, but children's speedway charities is holdling the first of 2 for the season laps of charity on sat 5/8/10. 3 laps in your car for 30 bucks. they've changed the rules on speeds and passing over the years, but i'll be there till they shut 'er down. i'll try and post a link in the following post. if unable just search for "laps of charity I" at tms for year 2010.