2005.5 pkg 2 driver seat controls not working

caseypc74

TDI
All the controls on my pkg 2 driver seat do not work. Passenger seat controls work fine. Saw a thread from last year on same subject but it did not have any conclusions. Pretty sure I checked all fuses under hood and on driver side. Any ideas?

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
I would try to see if they did not disconnect from the memory module. And scan that module, if you have access to vcds.

caseypc74

TDI
No Dice

Although the Manual doesn't show a fuse for anything but the memory and lumbar, is there a common fuse that would cut power to the entire driver seat?

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
no, there are 2 fuses: one for memory and basic power setting and second for power lumbar. does your passenger seat work?

caseypc74

TDI
Passenger Seat Works Fine

Yes, Passenger seat works fine. I pulled and checked every fuse under the hood and on the Driver side yesterday. All looked good. Is there another fuse panel not listed in the manual? I've tried resetting factory settings the "conv settings" on the computer menu. One of the recommendations from the thread I saw last year was to disconnect the battery to reset everything. I disconnected for about 10 sec and nothing changed. Would more time disconnected do anything more? Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
The same set of fuses powers both driver's and passenger's seat. If passenger's one works, the power seems to be ok.

caseypc74

TDI
Unplugged Battery

I unplugged the Battery for about 15 minutes with no help. The seat stopped working right after the dealership replaced the A/C compressor. Could there possible be something they did not reconnect in that area of the engine compartment and underneath? They had it up on the lift to do the job and a bunch of items came out to gain access to the compressor.

USP40

TDI
01 Jetta (sold) 05.5 Package 2 (current)
Hey bro, that was my thread from last year, turned out to be a simple fix. Inside the 8 way switch connector the pin (male) for the ground wire had lost contact with the contacts in the female connector. Try and slightly bend the pins so they make solid contact. I fixed my car in this manner after paying for several hours of diagnostics and a new 8 way switch.