Anyone interested in Old Navy Fall GTG: Saturday, Oct 17, 2015

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I get my meat from a butcher whose farm is about 25 miles north of town. Just the finest meat around Indianapolis.

I moved here from MN where the German immigrants knew the importance of a butcher and every little town has one. Not so in Indiana.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Man this year seems to be a repeat of '09, it had short wet spring, long hotter then normal summer that didn't come back to normal till last week of September.

This year was rough winter thru to April, wet spring and then long hot summer with temps above normal for July and Aug, and now September with 97F the high here today. :eek:

See the weather forecast now is for highs of upper 70's this time next week. :D

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Walt:

Looks like things are improving, on the weather front anyway. All we can do is wait and see about the rest. Hope your family is well and Ian and I are looking forward to seeing you all and your new place as well.

Dan

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Yes indeed on the weather and about time too, IMO anyway. ;)

We are sure looking forward to the GTG ourselves. Even if it were to rain, we have large front porch, covered rear deck for cooking, carport and garage. :D

Lets hope the fuel cost stay down, D2 here is running $2.20 to $2.25 range currently. :)

Last edited:

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
We are doing this Saturday the 17th of OCT.
I would suggest that you attach a drool cup dispenser to the side of your new truck.

Last edited:

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Volks:

If Walt's truck is all muddy and dirty when we get there it just means that he figures the drool factor will be high enough that it will be all shiny and clean by the end of the GTG.;)

Dan

Last edited:

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
I have ordered a case of this type of CLP called Fluid Film that sells for $9.99 at Lowe's and will have 6 or 8 can's that I can sell for $8.35 each if anyone wants any. I've been using this stuff for about 6 or 8 years for everything from my guns, bicycle chains, battery terminals, to PTO hubs on my tractor. Eli has a bike that has been kept outside since bringing home from W-M about 5 years ago, I sprayed chain that day and then once more last year when we move here and it's never rusted. It's does a cleaning job on corroded battery terminals that's hard to believe. Unlike most of the other types of CLP's it doesn't irritate skin or burn the crap out of your eyes if you get hit with overspray.

Last edited:

invest3

TDI
Jetta GLS 2002
Hi Walt,

I'm planning on the 17th and will bring some Krispy Kremes for you and Mrs. Walt for my cover charge. :)

Chuck

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Hi Walt,

I'm planning on the 17th and will bring some Krispy Kremes for you and Mrs. Walt for my cover charge. :)

Chuck
Hey now you be speaking my language. :D We haven't had any KK's since I think the '09 GTG if not the '08 GTG. WOW!!! :eek:

Also Linda says biscuits & gravy will be served starting about 07:00/07:30 am Saturday for you folks arriving Friday evening or before 09:00/09:30 Saturday morning. :D

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
Walt:

Please tell Linda a big "Thank You" for me. I had some of her biscuits and gravy at the first Old Navy GTG Ian and I ever attended back in '06. They were delicious then, and I'll bet they're even better now! Looking forward to seeing you folks, and those biscuits and gravy!!

Dan

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Linda said since she is retired now the S&B for breakfast and the GTG in general will be a lot easier so a breakfast together was a no brainer. :D

I hope that means I can sit on front porch in the swing and pontificate. :cool: .....I know, I know, dream on. :eek:

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
I am SOOOOO looking forward to this and the biscuits & gravy sound amazing. Are you alowing camping for those coming up Friday?

Anybody else coming up from Tennessee? Wanted to see if we could convoy.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
I am SOOOOO looking forward to this and the biscuits & gravy sound amazing. Are you alowing camping for those coming up Friday?

Anybody else coming up from Tennessee? Wanted to see if we could convoy.
Sure if you want, I have 10 acres. You can camp in the yard or the woods. Just remember we have lots of critters that bite, snakes, spiders, raccoons, fox and coyotes so if your a real camper go for it. The water at our outside spigots is about 55F summer or winter. If you're one to camp with portable camp potty you will have plenty of privacy. :D

Also driving tent pegs is near impossible even with steel pegs and 10 pound hammer. I have a post in back yard that took two hours to get a foot deep with 20lb post hammer, must have repositioned it 10 or 15 times before I found a spot that it would go more then 2" before hitting a rock. :eek:

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
About camping if you have a hammock tent that would be much better and plenty of places to hook up to trees. Trying to find a spot without rock poking you is tricky around here. :eek: Also just down the road about 5 miles is a state park that has camper trailer spots and tent spots also, and you would be next to small lake for fishing if so desired. :D

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
Anybody that's going to be there versed and willing to help me with installing my injectors from my B4 with Bosio DLC 1019's on them in my Golf? Last time I did an injector install I could not get the crush washers to seal.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Wow, someone is turning a wrench!!! :cool: Hey maybe someone could install block heater cord on my truck if it's so tight a spot I can't get my arthritic big hands in to get it done before then.

I'd do an oil change on truck if it wasn't 10.5 quarts and to much for one container and so far from oil pan to floor. In other words why bother for the hassle and mess just to save the $18 labor charge. I guess we could change the oil in my tractor if nothing else pops up just for something to do. :rolleyes:

If anyone wants to bring a shotgun & ammo I have a case of clays taking up space in the garage and I have a hand thrower. ;)

We will have Brats, hamburgers and hotdogs for the non pulled pork BBQ eaters, so we should have enough to eat all day long if we do nothing else. :D

Last edited:

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
Heard from Jerry?

Walt:

Have you heard anything from Jerry Stringer/Springer? I didn't see any posts from him about coming up and was wondering whether you had gotten a p-mail from him or, perhaps, that I missed his post altogether. I just made reservations yesterday so Ian and I are getting anxious to see your new place and visit with everyone again.

Dan

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
Walt:

Thanks, I missed it, but it looks to me like Allan (Woofie) was first responder. Maybe my list is different than yours.

Dan

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
What a time to think of this, but it looks like I forgot to put the motel listings up. :eek:

Anyway here is a local motel, it's at a truck fuel center called Leerjak but doesn't seem to get much use by them or anyone else. Not sure why, but IIRC it's only couple years old. Linda checked and it's $69.99 for single and phone number is 573-322-0999 and if anyone wants me to check out the place further let me know.

It's less then five minutes from the house

Last edited: