Bubba and his shotgun

TMielke2

TDI
1999.5 Jetta, 1999 New Beetle
Actually Bubba does not need to spring for a new rim. He needs to spring for one approximately the same age and condition as the used one that is no longer functional.

I think that your neighbor will appreciate your help in finding the best deal on a proper replacement.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Same age and condition or better, I thought. :)

If one of the same age and condition can't be found, then newer was fair game, I thought...

katipo

Veteran Member
TDIfor said:
Is a point being missed?

If Bubba is paying for the rim, who cares where it comes from? Order one up from the dealer. I dont see the moral or ethical necessity to get Bubba the best deal in town.
Not one dealer I've contacted within 800 miles can come up with a replacement wheel. It looks like they will be coming from Germany. Even then it might be a month at least before I will get back to driving Jetta Blue.:(

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
Not the most asthetic, but you could mount the tire on a full-size steel rim so you could drive the car until the correct rim arrives. What year is your car? Mine came with a full-size spare on a steel rim, same tire as all the others, from the factory. Will your spare tire work? If not, you may be able to get a steel rim, or a "spare tire" on a steel rim from a salvage yeard from another Jetta.

--Nate

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Or call the tire rack for $70 and get a new steel wheel for the "new" spare.