Fuel filter change 2015 Jetta TDI

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
The easy way to change my fuel filter without running of electric fuel pumps to purge air.
Was very easy as I took a small plastic bottle and filled it with diesel fuel. The bottle an empty 16 Oz Amsoil diesel fuel additive bottle with a 1/2 inch opening worked great as with the old removed and and filter installed I used my finger over the end to control the flow of fuel into the new fuel filter. I added fuel to the outside of the new filter slowly so it filled only the outside dirty side of the filter and not the center clean side. Filled till just about to overflow point. Worked great filter full of fuel so no need to have to activate the electric fuel pumps. Put top on carefully and button down. Car started wright up, no problem such as no air in fuel system. With the lid off the filter I used a wire or use a bungee cord to hold filter head back out of my way till time to put the top with the 3 fuel lines to it back on. I cleaned the top of same off before taking it off. Remove dirty filter slowly and put in new slowly so you get no fuel splashing out. Cleanliness is godliness when it comes to the fuel system. If doing it this way take your time. Took me maybe 15-20 mins to do first time out. Remove slowly and in like wise to avoid spillage. Worked great for me but do at your own risk as the saying goes.

Last edited: