2012 Passat Turbo Help!!!

jw4free

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
Can you get the fix money and extended warranty, then tow it to dealership? Get the service work done under "new" warranty, drive it for another 48K. Then sell it used on Autotrader and be cash positive relative to Buy back moneys (less self repair bill).

Probably not because the fix can't be performed on a broken car? (This is just speculation, I haven't read the fix details. I plan to get the fix pre 120k mile mark.) This is a good lesson post for me, thanks for sharing. [Self-serving proclamation over]

Last edited:

jw4free

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
Also, I don't know your son, but I do remember myself, when I borrowed my fathers stuff......

Sorry, this is probably completely not related to the title of the thread.

Last edited:

ST Briggs

TDI
2012 Passat SEL
Thanks for all the feedback.

I picked the car up yesterday and brought it home. Had an opportunity to speak with the tech that was familiar with my car. We had a conversation over the car and my conversations with VWOA.

I've submitted the buyback info online and am now waiting to hear from them on a date.
I was able to get the car running so that it can operate under it's own power.

I'll followup after I've turned the car in and the transaction is complete.

Thanks,

767wrench

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Pickup
Mines going back with cord showing on the tires, bad brake rotors, oem battery I dug out of the scrap pile that won't start the car after being off a few hours, rattling dual mass flywheel, and dpf hooked up to the non stock turbo with tune. They're getting a free coolant filtration system and a block heater though!

767wrench

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Pickup
not your black one! ? :confused:
Yup I finally decided to do it. I have 145000 on it and its starting to show its age and will be needing lots more maintenance. I still owe 7k on it too. I refinanced a few years ago before I bought my first house. Im getting 14100 for it so that gives me about 7000 to put down on my new one. If I kept it I can't see paying another 7k on it plus maintenance. This car has been a maintenance hog and vw parts are expensive. Im afraid I haven't seen the last of the coolant issues either. It keeps turning nasty colors and has a leak somewhere currently. The front of the car and headlights are severely weather beaten from all my highway construction zone driving I did for years. I got a beautiful black 2014 Nissan 370z roadster touring. I'm loving it. I've wanted a 370z since they came out! This car has 17000 miles and was sold mid 2015 so it's in pristine condition. And it's a lot faster than the vw. I'll miss the mileage of my Passat but that's about it. I don't drive as much anymore wither though. Down to 500 miles a week rather than close to 1000. It served its purpose and got interesting along the way but I know I won't have another chunk of money to put down on a sports car again anytime soon! I'm newly married with no kids yet so nows my last chance for a while! This thread has a pic of the new replacement!
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=478621

Last edited: