Is 180 miles between regens normal on a "Fixed" CJAA ?

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
New to me 2010 JSW 6MT w/ 47K miles. Was "fixed' by the PO about 5K miles ago.

Seemed like it was going into regen alot. Tracked the mileage since the last one and it was about 180 miles. I drive about 60% freeway, 40% city. Not much traffic in my conservative driving cycle.

I had a 2009 CBEA 6MT Jetta sedan and I remember it didn't regen this often. Maybe my memory is fuzzy though as it's been a few years since I sold it back to VW for recycling.

Is 180 miles normal for a post fix CJAA?

thatwhitejsw

Veteran Member
TDI
MK6 JSW TDI
I'm not 100% certain but my 2011 JSW SEEMS to regen fairly often as well. I'll have to keep track of the frequency next time by the mileage to check and get back with you. She's currently at the dealer for a CPO headliner replacement.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
I'm not 100% certain but my 2011 JSW SEEMS to regen fairly often as well. I'll have to keep track of the frequency next time by the mileage to check and get back with you. She's currently at the dealer for a CPO headliner replacement.

Ahh nice on the headliner. Sunroof leak into the headliner or? My gf’s daughter’s newly purchased 2013 Jetta has headliner sagging from sunroof leak during sitting as buyback car. She has CPO. Will have it dropped off this week for that and warm AC and hard to turn ignition key hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
]
New to me 2010 JSW 6MT w/ 47K miles. Was "fixed' by the PO about 5K miles ago.
Seemed like it was going into regen alot. Tracked the mileage since the last one and it was about 180 miles. I drive about 60% freeway, 40% city. Not much traffic in my conservative driving cycle.
I had a 2009 CBEA 6MT Jetta sedan and I remember it didn't regen this often. Maybe my memory is fuzzy though as it's been a few years since I sold it back to VW for recycling.
Is 180 miles normal for a post fix CJAA?
Yes, i installed a polar fis unit JUST to track soot levels and regen type info. The last 4 or 5 regens have been since my Karma tune and although I haven't caught the EXACT miles, it active regens @ 180 as close as I can determine. I thought it was the karma tune but I guess not. From my research there are various factors that trigger a regen but since the "fix", the mileage was tightened to 180 miles. This mile perameter ALWAYS seems to set the regen first. Again this is just my take at this point. In going to contact Karma about this? The good thing is it just takes apx 60 seconds because the soot level is SO low

. Does anyone have ACTUAL soot levels numbers on stock tune @ regen? Since the tune the polar shows only 1/3 to 1/2 the soot load. Unfortunately I did not track distance between regens pretune, but from what you're saying stock is @ 180. Can anyone else confirm miles?

Last edited:

thatwhitejsw

Veteran Member
TDI
MK6 JSW TDI
Ahh nice on the headliner. Sunroof leak into the headliner or? My gf’s daughter’s newly purchased 2013 Jetta has headliner sagging from sunroof leak during sitting as buyback car. She has CPO. Will have it dropped off this week for that and warm AC and hard to turn ignition key hole.
No sunroof, it was just pulling away from the map light housing area and falling down about halfway towards the dome light, as well as around the grab handles and where the visors sit.
Leatherette material had also been pulling away from the door panels on all 4, so they're also replacing all 4 door panels under my CPO as well lol. A solid 3-4k in warranty work easily. Getting my moneys worth from it for sure!

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
No sunroof, it was just pulling away from the map light housing area and falling down about halfway towards the dome light, as well as around the grab handles and where the visors sit.
Leatherette material had also been pulling away from the door panels on all 4, so they're also replacing all 4 door panels under my CPO as well lol. A solid 3-4k in warranty work easily. Getting my moneys worth from it for sure!

LOL wow! Theres a guy posting it on the FB of VW TDI for JSW, he said... (this is insane but you get the idea)

“So I just got word from my dealership. In addition to my entire headliner being completely replaced under my CPO warranty ($900 part, + labor), ALL FOUR door panels are ALSO being replaced under warranty due to the leatherette material pulling away on them ($560/625 EACH! + labor).

Just wanted to share my excitement because this CPO is basically refurbishing my entire interior for $50 [emoji13]”

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Just wanted to share my excitement because this CPO is basically refurbishing my entire interior for $50 [emoji13]”

A solid 3-4k in warranty work easily. Getting my moneys worth from it for sure!

:) Great to see VW good for their warranty coverage

thatwhitejsw

Veteran Member
TDI
MK6 JSW TDI
LOL wow! Theres a guy posting it on the FB of VW TDI for JSW, he said... (this is insane but you get the idea)

“So I just got word from my dealership. In addition to my entire headliner being completely replaced under my CPO warranty ($900 part, + labor), ALL FOUR door panels are ALSO being replaced under warranty due to the leatherette material pulling away on them ($560/625 EACH! + labor).

That is me, lol

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
What is CPO?
Certified Previous Owned
Its referred to usually when talking about the dieselgate extended warranty

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
CPO is it's own warranty separate from the Dieselgate warranty which applies to the emissions components.
Your right.
It was a chore to find info. on but I have 4 separate warranties that came with a CPO. Different end dates, applications and even cost.