falling window, scratched window tint

WantingaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Golf 03 TDI
Anyway to rectify a scratched window tint without retinting? My window fell into the door yesteday.. I took the door off and placed it back in the track but the holder scratched the window on its fall down.
--thanks
mark

WantingaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Golf 03 TDI

Is this a recall item? Does anyone have this TSB?

5 of 22: VISIBILITY:pOWER WINDOW DEVICES AND CONTROLS
Bulletin Date: APR 2006DOOR WINDOWS, MAY SEPERATE FROM WINDOW REGULATOR CLAMPS. ( NHTSA ITEM NUMBER - 10020720 )

y2kbird

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Black Jetta, '03 Blue Jetta
here is a copy of the VW 7 year extended warranty covering window regulators. I had mine done using a copy of this letter free of charge even though I'm the second owner.

Three VW dealers out of 5 wanted to charge me for the repair when I called, the other 2 said it's free after looking up the in-service date on my vin.

hope this helps!

http://www.sbs2003.net/windowregulaterletter.jpg

richardmcbauer

TDI
2002 Jetta manual, 2000 Super Beetle automatic, 2001 Jetta automatic
This was a recall item. My passenger side fell in and I brought it in to Williams Auto World in lansing and they said it was a recall. They fixed both windows and gave me a car during replacement which took a couple of days. One of my best experiences at this dealer. Wish they were all good.

Rick

04 TDI-pd Sport

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Highline 6MT
Just had both front windows fixed. The driverside failed and scratched the window and tint, they replaced the window but left me onthe hook for thetint.