Sunday, October 11, starting at 2:00pm - DC area 2015 Jetta oil change festival

Mark Hubley

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
OK, so "festival" may turn out to be an exaggeration, but . . .

I've crossed the 8K miles point with my 2015 Jetta TDI. I figure I'll be hitting 10K somewhere around the end of September or into early October. I have a two-post lift in my garage, and I plan to do the 10K service myself. If anyone wants to join in on the fun, reply or send me a PM and I'll get back to you when I have the details arranged. We'll do the service on my car, take some pics, and do a write up. If you want to do any work on your car and/or put your car on my lift, I assume we can do that as well.

I expect beer will be involved. Possibly pizza.

I live in Lothian, MD, not far from Andrews Air Force Base.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I could be in for this! I had Ourisman Bethesda do my 10K a couple weeks ago I think they cross threaded one of the belly cover screws

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
Same here, great idea. I've done wrench parties before with bikes, but you can fit like 4 guys and their bikes in a garage :) Looking forward to the full report!

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI BOUGHT BACK 23 NOV 16. Now owner of 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Sounds like a fun idea... maybe post it in the regional forum since there are a lot of DC folks on here that may not be hanging in the MKVI forum...

pdt165

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta 6 speed (Bought Back)
I wish I had a friend near by with a lift. Would make wrenching SOOOOO much easier.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Sounds like a great plan. May I suggest that the beer doesn't come out until after the maintenance is done? Just a thought. Any kind of libations seems to effect my judgement, so when the libations come out the tool box is closed for business.

Hope you guys have a great GTG.

Mark Hubley

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
I'm putting this on my calendar for Sunday, October 11, starting at 2:00pm. If you hope to attend, send me a PM or email me (hubleymj@verizon.net) and I'll give you the address.

I expect someone will bring a VCDS. I figure we'll start with the oil change/10K service on my car. As time allows I'll be happy to put your car on the lift if you like.

Beer and pizza maybe around 3:30 or 4:00??? (After my car is off the lift, anyway!)

Mark Hubley

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
The oil change festival is still on for Sunday the 11th. Still planning to start around 2:00pm. PM me or send me an email at hubleymj at verizon.net if you need my address or any other info.

Mark Hubley

TDI
2015 Jetta SE