Open-Sky / Roof Leak in the Rear of A3??

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI S-Line, 2005.5 Jetta TDI (BRM) 6MT (02Q)
Has anyone ever experienced a leak in the rear of their roof on their A3? I have a 2011 with the Open-Sky and this happens to me when I go through a car wash or in heavy rains:

The water pretty much just pours in soaking the parcel shelf and the roof, then eventually running in to the trunk liner. Any ideas of what I should do here? You can see the panel on the roof in the back isn't fully secured either. I do not know if it was attempted to be repaired prior. But when I pulled it down to look as it was leaking, the water just ran right out, as it was pooling up in there.

Ideas, thoughts, recommendations?

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
Ouch... that amount of water coming in almost looks like a missing or extremely damaged seal some place.

Are you getting wind noise at higher speeds?

Time to bust out the water hose and start tracing where its coming from before the crappy weather comes.

Worst case scenario you might be removing the head liner to get to it. Even then it might be a dealer job if they have to remove the rear sky roof to replace a weather seal.

Keep us updated!

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI S-Line, 2005.5 Jetta TDI (BRM) 6MT (02Q)
Will do man. So many people immediately point to the sunroof drains. I'm going to start then with a what little bit of trim removal I can do myself.

I wonder if something like this would be covered by Audicare?