www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old June 9th, 2015, 09:57   #1
VWdrummer

Fuel Economy: 40-41 measured with Fuelly
Default LED Bulb Error GP light without using Resistors!!! FOR MK4 ONLY

I have a 2002 Jetta TDI Wagon that I put LED tail lights in. I got the flashing Glow Plug and hopped on here looking for a solution to my problem. I found how to fix the hyper-flash issue by cutting a trace in the relay as well. My car is tuned by KERMA TDI and I sent an email to the tuner and he tuned out tail light bulb out error so that the car cannot see that error code ever again. Apparently this is only an issue for the MK4 cars because they are non can-bus and resistance monitored. I hated the idea of using load resistors because they get very hot and still use the same power as a regular bulb.

I had to edit this post because of rude people sending messages and posts with misinformation about what I have done to my car.

2002 Jetta: Bosio DLC 1019 nozzles, 4 speed auto to (DRW) 6-speed manual conversion, 20th-anniversary GTI big brake kit, BW S7 turbo (Kerma), Darkside Developments Intake Manifold, APR FMIC, KERMA TDI tune, 3" Turbo back exhaust

Last edited by VWdrummer; June 16th, 2015 at 09:39.
VWdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2015, 13:24   #2
JDSwan87
Black Swamp Thing

I thought the LED bulbs from DeAutoKey had resistors built into the bulbs?

Stella (Mine now): 2005 Shadow Blue Jetta Wagon TDI 09A
Mods: RC1. VCDS HEX-CAN USB (near Toledo, OH)
JDSwan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2015, 09:41   #3
VWdrummer

Fuel Economy: 40-41 measured with Fuelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSwan87 View Post
I thought the LED bulbs from DeAutoKey had resistors built into the bulbs?

True, but my goal was to get these bulbs to work without wasting any power. Some LED bulbs I had before had resistors that got so hot that they melted my tail light housings.

2002 Jetta: Bosio DLC 1019 nozzles, 4 speed auto to (DRW) 6-speed manual conversion, 20th-anniversary GTI big brake kit, BW S7 turbo (Kerma), Darkside Developments Intake Manifold, APR FMIC, KERMA TDI tune, 3" Turbo back exhaust
VWdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote