How difficult is it to move from a 97 FA ecu to a 00-03 ecu?

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Dyno tuning doesn't sound so fun with the continuous swapping of socketed chips. I'd like the car to be tuned correctly (somewhat) for the trip home.

I have a 68 pin and was wondering what it's like to swap to an 80 or a 121 pin. Is there a method to do so without changing the whole engine harness/ cluster/ pedal assembly?

A flashable ecu through obdii is the desire.

Jeremy

I saw this thread, http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=277745&highlight=68+pin

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
80pin ecu is no upgrade in that aspect..

it's some soldering and killing the immo in the ecu, I've done it and it works good.. I replaced the TPS sensor too, but it's said that it's not necessary..

or you could invest in a eeprom emulator, this makes life so much easier when mapping these ecu's :)

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Sorry to get to this too late, this can be done without changing the harness and cluster? Anyone stateside capable?

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
You could try making a jumper harness from the plug off of an old ECU. The immobilizer could be deleted from the later ECU. It would be full of trouble codes though so those would have to be removed.