flashing glow plug light

dieselpwr

TDI
04 GOLF PD, 15 GSW SEL TDI
2015 sportwagen, twice now the glow plug light flashes, car loses power and stalls.
the first time I thought it was a fluke, but when it happened again, I scanned it and got code P214600 "fuel injector supply voltage"

its at the dealer and they are saying it needs the engine wire harness, which conveniently is on backorder. I'm friends with the service manager and he said he's going to try to rush it but I'm not a happy camper right now. looks like i'll be driving the Jetta loaner with the 1.4 TSI for awhile. suprisingly peppy and gets good mileage.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
2015 sportwagen, twice now the glow plug light flashes, car loses power and stalls.
the first time I thought it was a fluke, but when it happened again, I scanned it and got code P214600 "fuel injector supply voltage"
its at the dealer and they are saying it needs the engine wire harness, which conveniently is on backorder. I'm friends with the service manager and he said he's going to try to rush it but I'm not a happy camper right now. looks like i'll be driving the Jetta loaner with the 1.4 TSI for awhile. suprisingly peppy and gets good mileage.
Harness rodent damage, I'm guessing? Probably why they're on back order, too.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Some were covered some were not depends on the SA and dealer. Very easy to point to damage after the sale.

Wiring for an injector/GP should be pretty easy to chase down for viable damage on the outside, but if there's no damage from eating the wiring could be just a bad pin terminal or something else.

Also a wiring harness isn't the same thing as a wheel bearing or injector. Also getting the old one out and new one in isn't the easiest of tasks, lots more that could go wrong.

dieselpwr

TDI
04 GOLF PD, 15 GSW SEL TDI
Still waiting on the damn harness. Ugh. Miss my wagon