Custom Rearview Mirror Radar Detector mount

TDIMcChanic

TDI
02 Jetta
While bored at work, I decided to improve on the location of my radar detector. I had it mounted on the dash as a temporary first location and I got sick of it- quick. So this is the finished product! Took me about 2 hours to make. Sorry for the cell phone pics :eek: Still have to get a wire that I can tuck too.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Great spot for a radar detector. Up high, but not too high that it can't see out the rear window as well. Good job. Now just start making those for V1's!

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
I like the nice touch of adding the rubber lining inside the loop that goes around the mirror stem. Good job!

Dan

TDIMcChanic

TDI
02 Jetta
Looks nice.
Thanks!
Yeah, pretty slick. Quite the machine shop you work in there.
It is nice, we can make anything here.
Great spot for a radar detector. Up high, but not too high that it can't see out the rear window as well. Good job. Now just start making those for V1's!
I'm loving the location, just not the coiled cord. It will be perfect once I tuck a cord. This was made by hand, I'm working on a 3-piece machined one.
I like the nice touch of adding the rubber lining inside the loop that goes around the mirror stem. Good job!
Dan
Thanks! The rubber allows me to get it tight enough without marking up the mirror stem. It's plenty rigid, I was worried the material wasn't thick enough. I don't think the brace is even necessary.

mike

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 Tdi, RIP 2003 Jetta GLS 5sp
wiring

To eliminate the cord and add to the stealth, just run a short wire down from the dome light above the mirror. Worked for me.

Thanks!

It is nice, we can make anything here.

I'm loving the location, just not the coiled cord. It will be perfect once I tuck a cord. This was made by hand, I'm working on a 3-piece machined one.

Thanks! The rubber allows me to get it tight enough without marking up the mirror stem. It's plenty rigid, I was worried the material wasn't thick enough. I don't think the brace is even necessary.

AFSOC_Commando

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS TDI, 2014 Passat TDI SEL
Sweet... So how much to order one shipped to 28314?

Get the remote power cable for $20 of E-bay and thats a stealth set up!