Modification denied?

tdicupedition

TDI
2010 Cup Edition
I filed my 2010 2.0 tdi cup edition and it got denied. It has a rebuilt title but I dad turned in 2 of them that had rebuilt titles. After it got denied the first time we filed for a appeal and after 2 months of waiting I got a letter saying it was denied again. They give you no reason why and I have no idea why they would deny it.:mad: The letter said I could get the modification done but there would be no restitution money. Anyone else had this issue and is there anyway to fight it any further?

yurkin89

TDI
2015 GSW TDI x2
I filed my 2010 2.0 tdi cup edition and it got denied. It has a rebuilt title but I dad turned in 2 of them that had rebuilt titles. After it got denied the first time we filed for a appeal and after 2 months of waiting I got a letter saying it was denied again. They give you no reason why and I have no idea why they would deny it.:mad: The letter said I could get the modification done but there would be no restitution money. Anyone else had this issue and is there anyway to fight it any further?
I did, received same email from the appeal team.
Mine had stage 1 done already, by previous owner or dealer.
It let me file, and said there was $2300 available after the stage 2 fix.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Sounds more like this should be titled "Payment denied". Are you interested in getting the modification done or getting paid? Anyone should be able to get the mod done. There are conditions that have to be met to get any money from VW. It sounds like neither of you met those conditions. Especially with rebuilt/salvage titled cars and the changes to the agreement made later on in the time frame.

Last edited:

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
If not getting paid.. I would not get the fix done..if not required in your state..

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
yup, but I'm sure there will be a way they weasel out of it

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
Try trusting people. At this point most of the cars have been fixed or bought back, so the state really does not have much to gain, and the settlement prohibits it so they have a bit to lose.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
You may end up being required to get the fix anyway as no old parts will be available and if there were any, probably won't be allowed to be used any more. That is if you have an issue and need parts. This was discussed in the settlement IIRC. California will be particularly difficult as they want everything just so, to their own regulations. You won't be able to delete and you will have to use new parts if needed, usually requiring the whole fix be done. Might as well just get er done now and simplify your life. Money or no money from VW.