window operation with remote buttons?

bentwrench

TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI
I am looking to operate my power windows with my remote on hot days. Is there a coding possible that will allow this type of adaption. I drive a 2000 golf gls tdi. I know it is possible on the audi a4 of the same year as a friend has done this but the process is different as the convenience module is different.

Any info would help, Thanx

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
there is an electronic module you can buy that will do it. I think it is made by a company called Alien Ware. Not 100% sure on the company name, though....................

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
the alientech remote window controller sucks. find someone with VDS-PRO (like at a GTG) and have them program your convenience module to accept the signal from your remote. no wiring or taking your door apart required. just a little software tweak, takes 5 minutes and its free :D

schwechel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Galactic Blue
I second the VDS-PRO over the KVW100. If I remember right the KVW100 locks part or all of your CCM so you can no longer read or modify values.

dschein

Veteran Member
TDI
None
schwechel said:
If I remember right the KVW100 locks part or all of your CCM so you can no longer read or modify values.
You sir are correct!

It can not be done w/VCDS (Vag-Com) but it can be done with other software. Find someone near you "that has done one already" and slip them a $20 to do yours.

Zero10

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Golf TDI PD, Tiptronic
What cable(s) are required for vds-pro? I checked all the official web sites for this tool and they are pretty messed up and I can't find much about it right now.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Bentwrench,

I am not far from you and I have done about a dozen cars in the past month. Shoot me a PM and we can get you going.

RabbitStu

TDI
Golf GT TDI 130
will VDS work with a usb odb dongle?

I have ordered on for Vagcom, but would like to have control of the windows from the fob on my mk4 golf.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
RabbitStu said:
will VDS work with a usb odb dongle?

I have ordered on for Vagcom, but would like to have control of the windows from the fob on my mk4 golf.
No. VDS Pro is a DOS based program and there is no USB support in DOS. You need a serial cable to use VDS Pro.

Mattman519

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
VDS PRO in London?

Hello Everyone,

My girlfriend has an 03' Mk4 Vr6 and she was really interested in having here windows controlled with her keyfob, I have heard there are a couple of people in the GTA who are able to do this but we live in london. If worst comes to worst we will just take a little trip down :)

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Hello Everyone,

My girlfriend has an 03' Mk4 Vr6 and she was really interested in having here windows controlled with her keyfob, I have heard there are a couple of people in the GTA who are able to do this but we live in london. If worst comes to worst we will just take a little trip down :)
If you are in Texas I could do it :):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Wbrx1CdH8

Last edited:

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
Hello Everyone,

Visit Vancouver and I'll program code so they can not only be opened via the keyfob but will auto close when you lock the car.

bilos

TDI
Passat 1.9 130
Mattman519 has an European CCM , i think 1C0 959 799 B .
Steve99, have you find the auto close sequence for this kind of CCM ?

netrefugee

TDI
AUDI
the alientech remote window controller sucks. find someone with VDS-PRO (like at a GTG) and have them program your convenience module to accept the signal from your remote. no wiring or taking your door apart required. just a little software tweak, takes 5 minutes and its free