Scangauge II TDIclub Group buy!

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
- From what I understood, there is an issue with the coding in the air bag controller. The earlier versions of VagCom while working correctly, would trigger a code and the air bag controller would have to be replaced to clear. The later versions of VagCom have been changed to fix this issue, not sure what rev the change happened.
- My ABS light is on... VagCom says it is my right rear ABS sensor is bad, SGII says there are no codes!!??

jayb79

Top Post Dawg
rotarykid said:
I have used one of these to clear auto trans codes on a 99 Saturn . So yes you can clear auto trans codes .

If I recall correctly the VAG-COM can't even successfully get rid of these . Everything I've read states that Air bag codes are hard codes from the air bag controller once triggered cannot be reset . These Codes once triggered by the air bag controller will come back until the air bag controller is replaced with a new one .

I have no experience with anything other then VW with the scangauge. Also i have successfully cleared airbag codes with my VAG on my NB many times(connector problem under the seat). Again i only speek of VW related cases.

Bosley

Veteran Member
TDI
06 TDI Wagon (A4)
My SGII did not pick up the fault code when my door module went but it did pick up a code (and cleared) when I failed to plug in a sensor and the CEL came on while doing some other work. It would be interesting to see a list of what codes are being read by the unit. I have VC also so its not a big concern for me but it would be nice to have a early warning on all problems.

andyboy

TDI
2005 Jett wagon
ratmonkey said:
For those who missed the group buy, I noticed that Amazon.com is selling it for $159.99 and it qualifies for free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AAMY86/ref=s9subs_c2_at1-rfc_p-2991_g1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0B7K46EW0HTD4FHY8P1N&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=278240301&pf_rd_i=507846

Not quite as good as the group buy price, but still $10 less than buying directly from Linear-Logic.
I just bought one from ThinkGeeK: http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/car/8426/

for $159.99 in stock, use code 8EBB for $10 discount. Shipping not included. For me that was $8.99.

3n1

Veteran Member
TDI
Interested in buying a Jetta
Group buy as promised!

Ok, the shipping delays have just about cleared up. There might be a delay of a day or two, but things should be ok for now ( I have no back orders as of yesterday ).
If you can not handle any type of delay, please do not purchase
( not trying to sound rude, but some people get really mad if it doesnt get shipped out the next day ).

Group Buy Special: $149.95 (includes shipping) Good until Aug. 9th, 2008
Use this link to purchase:
http://www.3n1autocomputer.com/groupbuyTDIclub.html

We ship via U.S.P.S Priority Mail. Delivery times are 2-3 business days on average. 30 day unconditional money back guarantee!! ( minus $5 shipping )
Sometimes an address wont be in USPS.com's database ( sounds crazy, but happens ). When this happens, we ship the package out via DHL. DHL takes 3-5 business days on average.

I do send out confirmation Emails, once your package has shipped. Please make sure our email address isnt blocked by your provider ( sales@3n1autocomputer.com ), if you want to receive this notice.

Michigan Customers: My business is based in Michigan. You will incure the 6% sales tax.

Canadian Customers: There is an extra shipping charge of $25 for your shipments. Shipping done via DHL and delivery times have been 3-5 business days on average.
There is a button to purchase the Canadian shipping on the above link.
....No, I can not input a lessor price on the paper work, so please dont ask me to.
....Canadian orders only have 1yr. warranty exchange (no 30day return period ),due to shipping fee's.
....Do not forget you will have to pay any extra tax that your Government may charge you.

Last edited:

97TDIStu

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI Premium
Done!! Thanks 3N1 for following through as promised. Don't worry on this shipping. I can wait. You the man!

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
I broke down and bought one because I really need it for my Mazda.

BUT, I will again state my desire for a Scanguage that has memory settings for 3 or more vehicles. I want one that I can swap in to any of my vehicles and NOT have to recalibrate the settings every time.

3n1

Veteran Member
TDI
owr084 said:
I broke down and bought one because I really need it for my Mazda.

BUT, I will again state my desire for a Scanguage that has memory settings for 3 or more vehicles. I want one that I can swap in to any of my vehicles and NOT have to recalibrate the settings every time.
I have passed your request along to the inventor of the Scangauge2. I agree, that would be a nice feature. If I get a responce, I will share it with you.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
3n1 said:
Group buy as promised!

Ok, the shipping delays have just about cleared up. There might be a delay of a day or two, but things should be ok for now ( I have no back orders as of yesterday ).
( not trying to sound rude, but some people get really mad if it doesnt get shipped out the next day ).

I am trying to purchase the group buy scan gauge with an aditional cable for my other TDI car, and when I click for the aditional cable on the check out cart, it is telling me that the OBD2 cable is for a Toyota, so could you please verfy if that cable is for a TDI too? thank you.

Shawnz

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS TDI, ex-O1M
I think the cable is universal OBD and the label was a leftover from a group buy on some Toyota forum.

If not I'll be the proud owner of a 'yoda cable - lol.

3n1

Veteran Member
TDI
MAXRPM said:
I am trying to purchase the group buy scan gauge with an aditional cable for my other TDI car, and when I click for the aditional cable on the check out cart, it is telling me that the OBD2 cable is for a Toyota, so could you please verfy if that cable is for a TDI too? thank you.
Yes, same OBD2 cable for all vehicles.

I'll have to check why it states Toyota.

Thank You
3n1

3n1

Veteran Member
TDI
Shawnz said:
I think the cable is universal OBD and the label was a leftover from a group buy on some Toyota forum.

If not I'll be the proud owner of a 'yoda cable - lol.
Shawn is correct!

Now that I think about it. Re-used code from a Toyota GB, sorry about the confusion. I'll have to put that on my "things-to-do" list.

Thank you
3n1

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
OK, this has probably been answered, but...

Is scangauge compatible with '96 Passat TDI w/ upgraded GQ ecu? THought I'd read somewhere that it doesn't work with the BK, but does with the GQ, but I want to make sure before plunking down the dough.

Last edited:

milehighassassin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Golf TDi PD, Reflex Silver
Is that OBDII? You can always try it and if it doesn't work send it back for a full refund, minus shipping. Maybe some one with that motor will chime in for you.

Myco

TDI
'99.5 Jetta TDI BLK - Sold '06 Jetta TDI White For sale
Just ordered tonight...looking forward to spending hours and hours playing with it.

No...No, I don't have a life.:D

Myco

TDI
'99.5 Jetta TDI BLK - Sold '06 Jetta TDI White For sale
Wow, I just noticed I have become a full-fledged "member", and it only took six years!

Wait, there is more than one thing that doesn't sound right about that comment. But seriously, that has to be some kind of record.

3n1

Veteran Member
TDI
Tick..tick..tick...

We ship via U.S.P.S Priority Mail. Delivery times are 2-3 business days on average. 30 day unconditional money back guarantee!! ( minus $5 shipping )
Sometimes an address wont be in USPS.com's database ( sounds crazy, but happens ). When this happens, we ship the package out via DHL. DHL takes 3-5 business days on average.

I do send out confirmation Emails, once your package has shipped. Please make sure our email address isnt blocked by your provider ( sales@3n1autocomputer.com ), if you want to receive this notice.

Michigan Customers: My business is based in Michigan. You will incure the 6% sales tax.

Canadian Customers: There is an extra shipping charge of $25 for your shipments. Shipping done via DHL and delivery times have been 3-5 business days on average.
....No, I can not input a lessor price on the paper work, so please dont ask me to.
....Canadian orders only have 1yr. warranty exchange (no 30day return period ),due to shipping fee's.
....Do not forget you will have to pay any extra tax that your Government may charge you.

Bosley

Veteran Member
TDI
06 TDI Wagon (A4)
Myco said:
Wow, I just noticed I have become a full-fledged "member", and it only took six years!

Wait, there is more than one thing that doesn't sound right about that comment. But seriously, that has to be some kind of record.
LOL, and yes you may have set a record....

3n1

Veteran Member
TDI
GB being extended a few days by request.

3n1 said:
Tick..tick..tick...

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Yes it works with the GQ ECU in the 96 Passat I have one in mine

Blue_Hen_TDI said:
OK, this has probably been answered, but...

Is scangauge compatible with '96 Passat TDI w/ upgraded GQ ecu? THought I'd read somewhere that it doesn't work with the BK, but does with the GQ, but I want to make sure before plunking down the dough.

3n1

Veteran Member
TDI
Group Buy Special: $149.95 (includes shipping) Good until Aug. 16th, 2008