Monster Sedan BFG KTO's all mounted up

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
Monster Truck Helga BFG KTO's all mounted up

215/75R15's mounted im very happy with the fitment and the amount of rub I thought they would rub really bad but only on tight turns.

The car is ~350k miles, and a salvage title. doesnt owe me a dime. this is the most ive spent on it in a while but it changes the whole look of the car

Last edited:

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
YA, me and my father both did a lift at the same time, its nice for the normally horrible winters here in Buffalo.

Drooool..... How's your mpg now?
Wont know till a full tank runs threw but with my driving style, and all the mods I usually only see 34 city and 40 hwy so i doubt it will be a huge loss.

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
So a little more info on the car.
It was a Atlanta car, I bought off ebay with 200k Loaded GLS 4.5 years ago dead stock with Phatnoise music player
at 220k I put in a Vr6 Clutch and single mass light wight flywheel Installed hitch
at 250k I had a stage one Unitronics tune with EGR delete flashed on
at 260k I cleaned the intake and deleted ALL EGR stuff
at 280k I put 03 GLI intiorior in with 3 spoke wheel and power leather
at 330k I installed 520 Nozzles, 11mm Pump, vr6 axles
at 340k Vnt17 (15 was still good and orginal), Kerma Tuned, 3"DP
at 350k at over 100 mph in Northern Mexico, I dropped a valve do to extreme EGT's, put in a used motor and a stage 2+ clutch
arrived back in buffalo and 1 520 got trashed in the motor so i bought pp764, and installed a 2" lift, BFG's, new suspension. I love the car and am now looking a a 4motion conversion.

ArminTDI

TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon
Awesome ride! I really like the fact that with an FF (front engine, front wheel drive) and a lift can get through almost any winter driving conditions.

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d XDrive, 2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5speed Platinum Grey (sold), 2010 Jetta 6speed (bought back)
Mike,
is that your next project in tow? You still delivering bad news I haven't seen you in a while. Will have to plan a trip to the big city I want to plug into your vag-com.
-n8

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
Mike,
is that your next project in tow? You still delivering bad news I haven't seen you in a while. Will have to plan a trip to the big city I want to plug into your vag-com.
-n8

Nope no more bad news, A friend opened up a shop I just work with/for him (swiderski Motorcar, 294 Fletcher st, Tonawanda, NY 14150) Selling/servicing only vw, Audi, BMW, Benz.

Its a little closer :p In the last pic you can see the blue audi with a dealer tag that is also a car we where brining back we have been using the tdi like a work horse and she loves it.

Last edited:

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d XDrive, 2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5speed Platinum Grey (sold), 2010 Jetta 6speed (bought back)
Ill have to stop in and harass you sometime then. Im working in the Falls area again.

warbird24

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Neat Mods Mike.

One of these days when I'm out running the roads, I'll have to stop by and see your shop and see what you are selling.

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Too cool! I read in another thread that you chose those tires since that's the smallest size. Well, they also come in 195/75R14, which could work on MK3/B4s since they can mount 14" wheels. ;) I have no intentions of changing my Jetta's look just yet. But it's cool to know I have an option if winter weather hits (14s are not rated for severe snow, though).

mr.mindless

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Galactic Blue Jetta GLS
Very cool car, impressive mileage too.

If you need things the Jetta and a dolly can't take care of moved, hit me up... I move things for friends on weekends sometimes.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Nice..... are you affiliated w/ that shop @ 748 Oliver St. in N. Tonawanda? He always has some VW's/Audi's floating around in front and on craigslist.

Last edited:

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
Went threw the woods threw a couple off road trails passed a blazer stuck in a ditch was a good time, friends got more pics ill post them when he gets them to me but for now a teaser:

Last edited:

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Honda Odyssey EX-L
hey is that a hybrid? I see your plug hanging out the LH headlight! :)

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
hey is that a hybrid? I see your plug hanging out the LH headlight! :)
No its electric. I have to charge it at night. (that's what i tell people who ask often while its running)

I hate the people who comment how they could never own a diesel because they don't want to plug in there car. I hate having to explain i only do it because it makes my car nice to get into and i would put it on a gas car if i had it.

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
Looks fantastic!

Thanks for inspiring me to put big tires back on my car, link with pictures in my signature.

I haven't done any off-roading other than bombing around the back yard last night when the wife was not home. I was really surprised how smooth the car handled but then I realized I was comparing it to the lawn tractor.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
My wife looks to this car for inspiration! She is going to make me do it to it (white car) next tax return.

Awesome car man!

GraniteRooster

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW 6MT
Looks fantastic!

Thanks for inspiring me to put big tires back on my car, link with pictures in my signature.

I haven't done any off-roading other than bombing around the back yard last night when the wife was not home. I was really surprised how smooth the car handled but then I realized I was comparing it to the lawn tractor.
+++++ for hilarious inclusion of lawn tractor handling :D

@BadNewsMike - I'm totally digging the new paint job, you've done your big-tired TDI justice. Keep rocking it - love the gnarly off road pics.