F/S 2002 Jetta Wagon Rocket Chipped - 170K $5500 obo

bogievw

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta Wagon- why yes, it is silver. How'd you know?
170K Miles
VIN: WVWSP61J42W331842

I’m the second owner, the car has been well cared for by myself and more importantly by the inestimable Jason Daniels whose help, advice and guidance have been invaluable. Jason has done the timing belt replacement, clutch upgrade, removal & replacement of ECU for tuning, glow plug replacement, starter motor, power steering pump and injector upgrade. Most other work except the AC and exhaust I’ve done myself. All oil changes have been performed within appropriate OCI. Early on I used Amsoil European Car Formula 5W-40 and then switched to Shell Rotella T6. Her engine runs like a top!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2n4RZsYqRwZtU1XK2

Modifications:
1. Dieselgeek bypass oil filter
2. 2 micron Cat fuel filter
3. Dieselgeek Panzer plate with full metal jacket
4. Race Pipe & EGR cooler delete
5. Daniol boost & EGT gauge - Temp gauge not working
6. Shine rear stabilizer bar
7. Lift pump wiring - Lift pump not installed and condition not known but will be included in sale
8. Garrett VNT 17/22 Turbo
9. 3” Stainless steel own-pipe, cat, muffler
10. Rocket Chip ECU tune
11. SBC Stage 2 Endurance SMF clutch
12. Old man intake
13. Audi TT control arm and sub-frame bushings
14. Bosio Power Plus 502 Injectors
15. Snow tires – Nokian Hakkapelitta R2s mounted on 15” VW Avus rims
16. Scan Gauge II
17. Ventectomy
18. 16" rims with Nokian eNTYREs

Work completed and newer parts:
1. Timing Belt @ 120K
2. Power Steering Pump 2016
3. Alternator 2017
4. Vacuum pump 2017
5. Coolant fans 2017
6. Fan control module 2017
7. Complete suspension rebuild with Koni FSR shocks and struts, Audi TT control arm and sub-frame bushings, rear beam bushings @ 120K - needs new front stabilizer bushings
8. AC compressor 2015
9. Parking brake cable 2015
10. Antenna mast 2017
11. Engine, dog bone & transmission mounts
12. Glow plugs
13. Starter motor
14. Front fenders have been repaired or replaced under the VW rust-through warranty.
15. Original owner had a fender bender affecting the driver’s side rear fender he had it repaired but the spot began to rust a few years ago. I had the rust spot repaired a year or two back.

Problems:
1. Rust at junction of rocker panel, front fender and doors. Fifteen Wisconsin winters will do that. See photos
2. AC is not working. As listed above the compressor, fan control module and coolant fans have all been replace within the last two years. Problem may be in expansion valve or drier.
3. Ever since the downpipe was replaced the car has an intermittent judder when starting from a stop particularly on inclines. The problem is not due to a dual mass clutch flywheel or engine mounts as those items have been replaced. This problem has been going on for years and I’ve given up trying to solve it.

Cheers,

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Sharp car and looks like you may have a sale. Pics of the interior would be helpful.
Working seat heaters? I've forgotten which models in 2002 had them.

simdggy88

TDI
None currently
Has anyone heard from the seller? I've gotten no response to my PM, this thread post, or my comment in his Google photo album. I'll continue to wait, but just curious if he's responding to anyone.