Picked up a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI!

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT Pano (Sold), 2015 Golf S 4DR 6MT (Sold), 1999.5 Jetta TDI Tornado Red (Sold)
Just picked it up yesterday! After a 2 month long search, I finally found the car I was looking for! 2013 JSW TDI 6MT with sunroof. CPO with 23k miles. I was really searching for a southern car but I couldn't seem to find one that was going to work. Looked at a couple that were way overpriced. Eventually landed on this one. Looked it over thoroughly and only has small amounts of rust on a few bolts and touches on the control arms. Most cars I looked at had this. Dealer performed 20k service and did all pads and rotors as well as repaired the leaking roof (lol, seems like they all leak, I was aware of this and chose to get one with the roof knowing about the issues). I'm very excited! The car is super clean. Car indicated 46mpg on the drive home but hand calcs will tell the truth. Very excited! Already have new tires and dieselgeek shifter to put in!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT Pano (Sold), 2015 Golf S 4DR 6MT (Sold), 1999.5 Jetta TDI Tornado Red (Sold)
Already installed a Dieselgeek Sigma 6, feels much better than stock! Very clicky and nice. Still hard when my bar for a good shifter is the 6 speed in my Civic Si that I had put solid bushings in (traded the car in for this). But the Dieselgeek is much better than stock. Very excited! Already got a set of Federal SS595 tires coming for it too, this is gonna be fun!

Pharcyde145

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
Nice ride, your new car is my car's twin right down to the color wheels and pano. I've been real keen to put in the short shifter kit, just haven't had the time to get around to it. You can pick up some gummy pfleege on amazon to keep the rubber seals on the sunroof in good shape and minimize any squeaking/creaking noises that may come from it over time. I really want to put in a larger diameter rear sway and some koni yellow adjustable struts at some point to give it some better handling manners, but have to pay all my bills for welding school first. Since you're in the northeast and salt is a way of life for the roads up there (sadly, wished they used more dirt/sand/gravel like the old days) you should look into maybe removing the foam blocks that absorb road noise in the front fenders. They absorb and trap moisture and could cause future rust spots. I'll see if I can find a thread or two about it for you. But either way, congratulations!

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
Nice ride, your new car is my car's twin right down to the color wheels and pano. I've been real keen to put in the short shifter kit, just haven't had the time to get around to it. You can pick up some gummy pfleege on amazon to keep the rubber seals on the sunroof in good shape and minimize any squeaking/creaking noises that may come from it over time. I really want to put in a larger diameter rear sway and some koni yellow adjustable struts at some point to give it some better handling manners, but have to pay all my bills for welding school first. Since you're in the northeast and salt is a way of life for the roads up there (sadly, wished they used more dirt/sand/gravel like the old days) you should look into maybe removing the foam blocks that absorb road noise in the front fenders. They absorb and trap moisture and could cause future rust spots. I'll see if I can find a thread or two about it for you. But either way, congratulations!
Thanks! Funny you mention that, I had to remove the foam blocks in the fenders on my old MKIV. I plan to do suspension as well, the shifter is just the beginning! I'm thinking Bilstein B8s with H&R Sport springs, big rear bar, Whiteline anti-lift kit, and possibly Integrated Engineering camber plates. I would like to be able to get a small amount (maybe -1 to -1.5 deg) for autocross purposes. The car will mainly be driven on the street, but I tend to do a few autocross events a year. Yes, sadly salt is a way of life up here. It kills me to see our cars slowly disintegrate! My wife's 2015 was originally from VA, and was absolutely pristine when we picked it up in October, but one winter and it's showing the typical surface rust underneath. Oh well, not much can be done about it. I usually underbody wash our cars during the winter on days when the temps go above freezing, but you can't save them entirely!

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
Looks sweet! Mind if I ask what you paid? My guess is 14000. If you did much better, you got a deal.
You're exactly correct! $13,995. $14,050 out the door. I think I got a pretty good deal, especially for the area. Clean manual cars seem to be commanding higher prices around here. There weren't many left. I was really tempted by a car that was from North Carolina a few weeks back, but it had 48k, was not CPO and they were asking $14,600. The one I got is in great shape, and the dealer did 20k service in addition to all pads and rotors, and modifying the sunroof drains. I didn't ask exactly what they modified but hopefully they shouldn't leak!

TDI
2014 Sportwagen
You're exactly correct! $13,995. $14,050 out the door. I think I got a pretty good deal, especially for the area. Clean manual cars seem to be commanding higher prices around here. There weren't many left. I was really tempted by a car that was from North Carolina a few weeks back, but it had 48k, was not CPO and they were asking $14,600. The one I got is in great shape, and the dealer did 20k service in addition to all pads and rotors, and modifying the sunroof drains. I didn't ask exactly what they modified but hopefully they shouldn't leak!

there are cheaper in NC...but, even though i'm IN NC, i ended up getting on from SC....CPO 2014 6mt with 44k for $11,500. No pano..but blue tooth and RVC like i wanted

wagon92x

TDI
2014 JSW 6MT, Non-TDI: 2006 Saabaru Aero 5MT
there are cheaper in NC...but, even though i'm IN NC, i ended up getting on from SC....CPO 2014 6mt with 44k for $11,500. No pano..but blue tooth and RVC like i wanted
I'm in NC too, but found that there are a TON of them in the DC/VA area. VW's Corporate headquarters are there, so it makes sense, I guess?

Anyways, I travelled to VA to pick up my '14 JSW w/ 48K miles, 6MT, and Pano. $9,500 out the door...hard to pass up!

Last edited:

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm in NC too, but found that there are a TON of them in the DC/VA area. VW's Corporate headquarters are there, so it makes sense, I guess?

Anyways, I travelled to VA to pick up my '14 JSW w/ 48K miles, 6MT, and Pano. $9,500 out the door...hard to pass up!

Dang! That's a really good deal! Worth the trip I would say!

TDI
2014 Sportwagen

wow....the color i wanted and everything...you stole that!

bmc1980

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI DSG (bought 5.29.2019)...2002 VW Jetta wagon GLS 2.0L (gas) RIP 5.19.2019 due to accident
Damn - $9,500...and out the door??? You must be masterful at negotiation...and low balling.?

CJM_RVA

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Seriously, how'd you do that? I also went to Northern VA as that's where the inventory and the deals were, and the handshake price on mine was 9650 ('13 JSW, dsg, pano, CPO, 64k) but after tax and the dealer fees I was at 11k out the door. And I was pleased with that! Even if it's not CPO, 9500 otd is nuts.

CheapBastard

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
Just picked up a 2014 with less than 15k on the odometer for $8999, $10,300 out the door. Leather and sunroof but salvaged title, got smacked in the rear

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
Just picked up a 2014 with less than 15k on the odometer for $8999, $10,300 out the door. Leather and sunroof but salvaged title, got smacked in the rear

Nice! Looks to be lowered, did you get it that way?

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
No, I just dropped it last week, H&R’s
Nice! Sports or super sports? Stock shocks/struts? I picked up a set of MK6 Golf R shocks struts and springs as well as sway bars for mine but haven't had a chance to put it all on yet. Hopefully this weekend!!