RNS-315 volume

mikereidjr

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I had an RCD-510 with a 97w Bluetooth module that I swapped out for an RNS-315. The Bluetooth streaming and phone volume is so quiet I can hardly hear it on the highway.

The RNS-315 has Bluetooth in the radio, and if I disconnect the Bluetooth module under the passenger seat and use the Bluetooth that is part of the radio vs the module on the floor the volume is louder (and there are more features) than with it connected. The issue is the with the module disconnected there is no microphone.

I read somewhere there was an adapter that used to jumper the pins in the plug under the passenger seat through a company call mfd3 which is no longer around. The closest I have come is this thread: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6963966-RNS-315-bluetooth-microphone-issue-help

I really just want this to work, any help would be appreciated

from the other post

Keep in mind BT module under the seat is removed from the car I just used the harness that was plugged into the BT module to wire the microphone from there to RNS-315

RNS-315 PIN 1 to BT Module PIN 12
RNS-315 PIN 7 to BT Module PIN 11

Tried it and it works great.
On the RNS side I used vw repair wire just to get the clip clicked into harness. On the BT module side I just used a couple of needles to make PINs and plug into the harness

Last edited:

mikereidjr

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I am still struggling with this, does anyone know anything about the harness that used to be made?