Ordered a 2012 JSW TDI

Pekodaddy

TDI
12 JSW black/tan, pano, 6MT
Here goes! Delivery won't be for awhile. Black/beige, 6MT, pano. My first TDI and first VW since a 1996 Jetta GL. I drive 25-30k miles/year, mostly highway miles (lots of 4-5 hour trips). Couldn't pass up the highway mileage of the TDI. HPFP issues lurk out there, but I'm looking into an extended warranty and Geico MBI. Fell in love with the car, which is perfect for my needs and fun to drive. Looking forward to taking delivery!

zagato27

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDi CW Titan 6MT Pano Nav Interlagos
I'm with you. My 2012 JSW TDi build date is next wk (18-22 Jul). Supposed to be on the dealers lot the last week of August. I'm having a hard time waiting.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I'm with you. My 2012 JSW TDi build date is next wk (18-22 Jul). Supposed to be on the dealers lot the last week of August. I'm having a hard time waiting.
Wow that is pretty soon. We are about to buy a 2011 JSW and that makes me feel like we should have waited for a 2012. That 1 month might be worth quite a bit on resale value.

Boom Boom

TDI
2011 Red JSW TDI and I want a few more diesels
Wow that is pretty soon. We are about to buy a 2011 JSW and that makes me feel like we should have waited for a 2012. That 1 month might be worth quite a bit on resale value.
I thought there is zero difference between the 2011s and 2012s other than how VW is packaging the options? I just got mine today. It still had the white protective film on it when I got to the dealer. $26,714 with the premium package. Build date 6-11.

Pekodaddy

TDI
Thanks everyone. The only substantive difference of which I'm aware for 2012 is that they changed the options and the Premium now comes with KESSY. chittychittybangbang said on turbodiesel.com that he thought there were some radio updates, too. I actually want to wait a little before purchasing, so ordering a 2012 worked out right for me time-wise. I also figure that I'd rather get a car at the beginning of the model year instead of the end, for re-sale purposes if nothing else . Also, I figure that there might be some model-year updates rolled-in that aren't really "changes." You would think they'd tweak some behind the scene things a little bit every model year. I was specifically hoping that by ordering a 2012 I'd have the best chance of getting any improved or re-engineered HPFP. Rumors are they've redone the HPFP a couple times but have never admitted doing so. At the end of the day, there was zero downside for me waiting to get the 2012. I told my car guy that any time after Labor Day would be perfect.

securityguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan
Looking at ordering a 2012 JSW too. Differences between the 11 and 12 are as follows:

1. New style allow wheels
2. Keyless entry
3. Push button start

Everything else is the same. I can get an 11 now but why when you can get the 12 with a few more features for about the same money:confused:]

I was told that the 12 will cost about $275 more than the 11 which isn't bad IMO.

UBR WGN

TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI
I too have a 2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline on order. Unless it's a US thing only, I don't recall any mention of the KESSY being a standard feature on my car. The main changes from MY 2011 to 2012 is dual climatronic standard and 17" alloys instead of the 16"s.

MaverickH1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I have an '12 on order as well. Supposed delivery is on 8/8-22. According to initial estimates of 10-12 weeks.

I'd love to find an official list of "what's different".

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
I thought there is zero difference between the 2011s and 2012s other than how VW is packaging the options? I just got mine today. It still had the white protective film on it when I got to the dealer. $26,714 with the premium package. Build date 6-11.
There are some new colors available on the 2012s as well.

As far as resale being higher on a 2012 vs a 2011, the 2012 will always look a year newer to the uninformed buyer :) Also consider if your used buyer needs financing in 2017, suddenly the 2011 is 6-years old and ineligible for financing though some companies, while the 2012 is 5-years old and still eligible.

securityguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan
The differences I posted above came directly from Chris at Langhorne where I am ordering my car from so I feel pretty confident in what I stated.

mnm2008

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI SE DSG
Does anyone in the US Market Know what are the wheels that come with 2012 JSW's? (The ones with the Premium Package)

zagato27

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDi CW Titan 6MT Pano Nav Interlagos
Update: my JSW was built on 18 Jul 11. Hope that it comes earlier than original date of 25 Aug. Waiting is trying, I want my JSW now:p

Pekodaddy

TDI
Picked up my JSW yesterday from Chris Farnham at Langhorne VW. Like everyone else on this board has said, he was amazing and did a great job. Quick, informative, efficient, no BS, everything was exactly as advertised and promised. Wrapped up the sale, took a tour of the car, packed up my free pretzels, and I was on my way back to the D. Great car and a great sales experience.

Beachmont_TDI

TDI
2012 Candy White Jetta Sportwagen TDI DSG Nav & Sunroof Pkg
Does anyone in the US Market Know what are the wheels that come with 2012 JSW's? (The ones with the Premium Package)
My 2012 JSW with the nav and sunroof package (which replaced the 2011 premium package) came with 17" porto wheels.

Finger Mullet

TDI
Not Yet
Actually, the vw website has been updated and now there are NO wheel options. I'm getting ready to order one too, but I can't get 16" wheels and a sunroof...gotta be 17" and no choices.

mnm2008

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI SE DSG
2012's also come with HD radio.
ONLY if you dont choose to Upgrade to NAVI/KESSY. You would loose HD Radio by Upgrading to RNS-315/KESSY.
Iam a victim of this weird 2012 JSW Packaging.

Past_VNE

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS 5-spd, '12 JSW 6M
The 2012 wheels are 17" Salamancas. They are ever so slightly different from the Portos.

The Salamancas are less concave on face of "spokes" but have a twist to each "spoke."

rfortson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Surfwagen TDI
The 2012 wheels are 17" Salamancas. They are ever so slightly different from the Portos.

The Salamancas are less concave on face of "spokes" but have a twist to each "spoke."

The VW home page (which has changed recently) still shows Porto's for the the sunroof, which look like what I got. Your description of the Salamancas also sounds like what I have though, especially the twist to the spokes. They don't show any other options for wheels. You can now add splash guards and the rear spoiler. Mine came with the rear spoiler, didn't even know it was optional. I bought a set of splash guards online but haven't put them on yet. Still waiting on my roof cross bars. I could use them as there's surf in Galveston.

Past_VNE

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS 5-spd, '12 JSW 6M
Okay.... I'm embarrassed.

I walked out and looked at my car. They're Portos. Chris said they were the new Salamancas and I believed him. I'll have to give him some $h!t next time I talk to him. ;)

myturbodiesel.com, askavwsalesguy.com, Chris at Langhorne, etc...they all said the 12s would be Salamancas. But, I guess they're going to use up the leftover Portos. Just supppsing, anyway.

I'll be interested to see if 12s start showing up with the S wheels in a few weeks or months.

Just so nobody has to go searching:

SALAMANCAS
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=324281

PORTOS

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
Looking at ordering a 2012 JSW too. Differences between the 11 and 12 are as follows:

1. New style allow wheels
2. Keyless entry
3. Push button start

Everything else is the same. I can get an 11 now but why when you can get the 12 with a few more features for about the same money:confused:]

I was told that the 12 will cost about $275 more than the 11 which isn't bad IMO.
Also rear air bags are no longer a option on the 12, that is the reason I just picked up an 11 this week.

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
Really like the new Sala..Salmon..Salamander? Whatever wheels. Very subtle difference from the Ports, but I feel like the more angular looks fits the car better. Or at least fits my car, Golf with HIDs, better anyway.

robkassab

TDI
2012 Jetta SportWagen TDI
Just got my 2012 JSW TDI Platinum with black int, with nav and roof a few days ago and love it. Replaced the Porto wheels with Avignon, got the windows tinted, wired my Valentine One. Plan on adding 3M bra, back-up camera, seat storage drawer, fog lamps, Blinder Laser Jammer....(I'd post some pics but can't figure out how on this user interface--any help would be appreciated!)

Finger Mullet

TDI
Not Yet
Upload the pics to photobucket.com or a similar site. Then just type

That's it easy peasy. Lets see pics of the wagen :D

Last edited:

robkassab

TDI
2012 Jetta SportWagen TDI
Thanks. I know about uploading them to a remote server; but isn't there a way to post the images directly on the Post like I have seen many examples of?

Also, when I look at the bottom of this page, it says "You may not post attachments". What's up with that?

Last edited:

Easyfrag

TDI
2012 JSW TDi
Another new item was they were including a iPod/USB interface. I believe I saw that on the sheet the dealer showed me.
I ordered my 2012 jsw at the beginning of the summer, should be here in a few weeks. I can't wait!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rfortson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Surfwagen TDI
Another new item was they were including a iPod/USB interface. I believe I saw that on the sheet the dealer showed me.
I ordered my 2012 jsw at the beginning of the summer, should be here in a few weeks. I can't wait!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That interface can also be swapped out with a few other types, including a USB interface. I've read where some people have used the USB interface to connect a 320GB hard drive. That comes out to about 4 years worth of continuous music. :D