www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old January 15th, 2019, 19:37   #1
emdog

Fuel Economy: 35avg
Default 2013 tdi Bug brick brake pedal

Tried to search, but as soon as I try to type in the search bar, it shows non-words then disappears, so...
Used with 45K, of which I put on ~3K of the 45 in 5mos.
I've had it in 6x for various things, & one fix solved a problem that they didnt have a clue as to its connection to another problem where, "You don't know what you're talking about", said the, about to get his collar snatched, momma dressed, ticket cluck. They found a cracked hose (vac?) which cured the rock hard, had to push with all I had to the point of nearly ending up in the trunk before it would trigger the NSS. Which, strangely enough, cured the no fwd/the left was the only wheel that turned/flung mud as I got stuck coming up my rear driveway. Funny that the loaner Jetta did exactly as expected; it switched wheels as the left broke traction, & evenly flung mud down both sides. So, when I brought the Bug home, I drove it up the rear driveway/even mud flinging/took pics both times.
A few weeks pass, minimal driving bec I'm on med leave, temps drop from 40s-30s, & the brick brake pedal gets worse, to the point of pushing with all I have with my right leg, then a little extra with my left. Hmmm...

So, I take it back in on Sat with the same complaint, loaner Mazda SUV/normal brake pedal. I don't hear anything all week, so I go in on Fri to cluck boy's displeasure bec has been leaving car's ready msgs since Mon, so of course I ask what number he's dialing, '1028', 'Why 1028?', 'It's the number on file'. 'That's my work number' So, I hold up the tkt that he's written up, 3x, and show him the number that's on the tkt, 7506. So, he angrily, nervously tells me he's taking the other number out of the system. 'Now, it's completely out of the system, and there's nothing wrong with the brake pedal. We called VW central tech svc, and it's normal to have a variance in needed pressure when the car sits overnight, especially in cold weather, because the seals/o-rings lose pressure'! And, the svc mgr, in passing, slides into the conversation and agrees that it's normal.

Hmmm...I hold up both open hands, as in, I give up; and tell them, 'Nevermind. I'll call Corporate.' & took my paperwork & left, bec I have no need to create a scene or ask to talk to Dan, The Mgr, bec he's been nothing but nice to me & even covered my $50 deductable after cluck said my bill from the 1st brake line fix would be $357. 'What?! On a CPO +5yr extended warranty?!' If I could've reached thru the phone I'd've finger hooked a nostril, & pulled him thru the phone via satellite.

To make a short story long, I called Corp today, bec the VA Lemon Law states; If the vehicle is taken in 3x for the same problem & the problem isn't solved - new car. But of course, there may be some variance with it being used, but being that it's a CPO +5, & the +5 that I paid for was a lie on the finance officer's part; He said it was mandatory bec it was a 5yr loan, which of course kicked up my monthly, but I said that the monthly wasn't a big deal bec I'll be paying it off within 6mos; 'Ohhh, please don't do that. That's how I make my money.' Oops! Another nail in the coffin.
Prattle, prattle, prattle... I'll keep yous posted
emdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 12:55   #2
emdog

Wow! Narry a 1 response...
Old January 18th, 2019, 13:24   #3
Nevada_TDI
Veteran Member

Will someone please re-write this in a way that is easily understandable? Is their some kind of fraud going on here, that seems to be acceptable/normal business behavior?
2001 Jetta GL TDI, Tinted, Ventectomy, Catectomy, EGR-ectomy, TDTuning, HIFLO .216's, Stealth 17/56 Garrett, VCDS Hex+CAN, South Bend Daily Driver 2 Clutch, DG Short Shifter, Frostheater, Baldwin Fuel Filter, Previous Diesel: 1983 Rabbit Diesel
Nevada_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 13:38   #4
bizzle
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emdog View Post
I gleaned from your post that you're extremely frustrated, but it was a tough read bordering on illegible. At first glance, it looks like word salad. If you want advice then you'll probably need to edit and reformat the post. If you just want to vent...I guess I can say I feel yah with these scummy dealers!
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 13:58   #5
Ol'Rattler
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emdog View Post
IHNC what you are posting about. Is there a question in the word soup you posted?
Draw-Tite hitch
Dash Tray
Blue tint aspherical mirrors
Euro Cupholder
Euro Light Switch
2nd grocery hook
VCDS Hacks: DRL Disabled-Seatbelt Chime Disabled-Key fob Power Windows
Adjusted Cam to Crank Timing
Ol'Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 15:32   #6
BobnOH
not-a-mechanic

Fuel Economy: 50/45/35

Your post is way hard to read.
What's wrong with the car? (be brief)

If you got the same rock hard pedal you had before, could be some more of the same system they worked on, leaky vacuum.
You might need to find a new mechanic. Check how far forum user Paramedik is from you.
BobnOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 07:50   #7
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Race: 12mpg, Gandma:65mpg

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

None of your post makes any sense what so ever. And you’re not asking us anything!
Mongler98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 21:15   #8
emdog

At the top right of page, it says, “Welcome emdog. Last visited 1/18/19
So, guessing I was logged in, I re-wrote everything, tried to post it, it said I wasn’t logged in, logged in, lost my post ����
Tmrw

Last edited by emdog; January 23rd, 2019 at 21:19.
Old January 24th, 2019, 13:00   #9
BobnOH
not-a-mechanic

I'll take a stab, from the title. Vacuum line going to the brake booster has come loose or is cracked or otherwise lack of vacuum.
Interweb can be frustrating magic, being the terrible typist that I am, if I have more than a couple sentences I will use a plain text editor then copy and paste.
Old January 24th, 2019, 13:41   #10
tadawson
Veteran Member

I read it slowly and carefully with my babble filter fully engaged.

The problem appears to be a firm brake pedal after sitting for some period, requiring a very firm mash to get the brake interlock to clear, allowing the car to start. No issues when running or driving.

No mention of sitting how long, though. So, to a large extent I agree with VW on this - that vacuum will not (nor it it intended to) maintain forever . . .

The rest is just ranting about how he feels so wronged by the service advisor . . .
tadawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2019, 14:26   #11
BobnOH
not-a-mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadawson View Post
The rest is just ranting about how he feels so wronged by the service advisor . . .
Which is unnecessary unless you're looking for advise on a law suit. We all know service writers are bad.
Old January 24th, 2019, 17:54   #12
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Race: 12mpg, Gandma:65mpg

Has clearly been edited, Thanks OP, bit better now.
Mongler98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2019, 20:21   #13
emdog

Yes, I frequently copy/paste for safety’s sake, but trusting that it recognized me...
Old January 24th, 2019, 20:32   #14
emdog

It’s called storytelling to some...It only takes an overnight sit for it to happen, & the svc mgr said it’s normal bec seals & o-rings can leak. My P-Stroke has sat for months, and my tractor for a yr with no problem. My ‘84 Volvo sat for 3yrs; that caused a problem
Old January 24th, 2019, 21:02   #15
emdog

Both ends of the vac tube were cracked/leaking, was replaced, prob returned a month later, so, my 55yrs of shade tree tells me that the pump is leaking, & they’re being least expensive parts changers vs ‘factory trained’ technicians.
And now for more of the story; $1200+ for a cpo vehicle + a 5yr extended warranty of $2800, & their 1st time at bat, they misdiagnosed a front wheel bearing noise for a vibrating wiring loom/zip tie fix, the gauge cluster buzz, fixed/not fixed, AND, the driver’s side sun visor not in its clip holder. HA! 2nd time at bat, they changed what they thought was the problem, the left wheel bearing, test drive, Oops!, it was the right. Both new bearings; “So like, I got that go’in for me” HA!