www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Closed Thread

Old January 13th, 2019, 07:38   #1
BigB82789

TDI(s): jetta
Default *PLEASE READ* Frank06-2 years later- Its time to make things right!

Frank, Its been a while since we talked. You don't call, you don't write, you don't even send me a post card. So i'll take to the web. In Oct. of 2016 (yes 2016!) i sent you my cylinder head and all accompanying hardware, followed my the rest of my engine a few weeks later. You were busy, you were swamped, yadda yadda. I was patient. I didn't pester you. About a year later I called and you gave me all of your excuses. Fine. I get it. Life happens. The final time i called you had been injured in some accident and you agreed to just call the build off since I had already purchased an engine out of a wreck since I kind of need the car. You agreed to total up what the parts of my old engine were worth and just pay me for the cores. And that was the last i heard from you. I understand things come up, but it takes 2 min out of your day to call me about the situation, and you never have.
So to any one looking to do business with this man, take caution, and learn from my experience.
Moderators, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I couldn't decide where was best, and this had the most traffic, so here it is.
Frank, if you decide you want to make this right and for whatever reason you don't have my number, you can pm me. If you do make things right, i will take this post down. If not, it stands as a testament to your integrity.

Sincerely, Bryan Pollock in Ohio.
Old January 13th, 2019, 08:23   #2
mr.loops
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 jetta

Bryan,
Iím sorry to hear about your experience with Frank. I must admit Iím a little shocked to read this post and you negative feedback towards him.

I had a crankshaft clearance issue with my ALH block and I posted my findings on this forum. Frank sent me a pm and we talked over the phone for 35min during shop work hours. He wasnít snooty, was very polite and professional and ****, he took the time out of his busy day to help me, a non-paying customer out!

Iím giving Frank some love - two ís up for the big guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old January 13th, 2019, 08:26   #3
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Race: 12mpg, Gandma:65mpg

Must be an issue on your side as I've seen him post here frequently and not more than a week ago.
Old January 13th, 2019, 10:03   #4
BigB82789

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.loops View Post
Bryan,
Iím sorry to hear about your experience with Frank. I must admit Iím a little shocked to read this post and you negative feedback towards him.

I had a crankshaft clearance issue with my ALH block and I posted my findings on this forum. Frank sent me a pm and we talked over the phone for 35min during shop work hours. He wasnít snooty, was very polite and professional and ****, he took the time out of his busy day to help me, a non-paying customer out!

Iím giving Frank some love - two ís up for the big guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never said he was snooty, nor did I say he wasnt polite. I went to him because of his reputation on this site. We had many long discussions and i found him very knowledgeable. That is why I am baffled as to why Ive received sub par communication. And its not like im not a paying customer. My quote for all the work to be done was going to be in the neigborhood of $4,000. The whole engine went to him, and then none of the work was done even when asked multiple times to get it started.
Old January 13th, 2019, 10:05   #5
BigB82789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongler98 View Post
Must be an issue on your side as I've seen him post here frequently and not more than a week ago.
Im posting here to get his attention. Calling, emailing, and this forum are my only ways of contact with him. Ive tried the first two and have been far beyond patient.
Old January 13th, 2019, 10:20   #6
2000alhVW
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2000 Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB82789 View Post
Im posting here to get his attention. Calling, emailing, and this forum are my only ways of contact with him. Ive tried the first two and have been far beyond patient.
To get this straight... which exactly are you claiming?

In the original post, you're implying that he simply forgot/procrastinated/overlooked calling you back. "Life happens"

In this post, I have quoted, you're saying that you have made repeated contact, and he has actively ignored and avoided you.

Which claim are you taking?
Old January 13th, 2019, 10:37   #7
BigB82789

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000alhVW View Post
To get this straight... which exactly are you claiming?
In the original post, you're implying that he simply forgot/procrastinated/overlooked calling you back. "Life happens"
In this post, I have quoted, you're saying that you have made repeated contact, and he has actively ignored and avoided you.
Which claim are you taking?
Im claiming that in the past 2 years, every time i have been able to contact him, there has been an excuse. And i am claiming that he's not taking the time to contact ME. The last contact was initiated by me, and he has failed to come through with what he told me. Why can he not just take the few minutes to figure up what I have out there and pay me back for my parts. Even a call saying im still working on it or whatever.

Last edited by BigB82789; January 13th, 2019 at 10:39.
Old January 13th, 2019, 10:41   #8
JDSwan87
Black Swamp Thing

Quote:
Im claiming that in the past 2 years, every time i have been able to contact him, there has been an excuse. And i am claiming that he's not taking the time to contact ME. The last contact was initiated by me, and he has failed to come through with what he told me. Why can he not just take the few minutes to figure up what I have out there and pay me back for my parts. Even a call saying im still working on it or whatever.
What is your end goal? As in, what would you like Franko6 to do to make you whole?

Stella (Mine now): 2005 Shadow Blue Jetta Wagon TDI 09A
Mods: RC1. VCDS HEX-CAN USB (near Toledo, OH)
Old January 13th, 2019, 10:49   #9
BigB82789

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSwan87 View Post
What is your end goal? As in, what would you like Franko6 to do to make you whole?
As stated, he agreed to total up what the engine parts I sent him were worth as cores since that's all they're good for now, and just pay me that total. we agreed to call off the build since it never got started and i bought an engine already.
Old January 13th, 2019, 11:12   #10
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

Just spitballing here, but maybe the engine was too badly damaged to have a core value.
Old January 13th, 2019, 11:13   #11
JDSwan87
Black Swamp Thing

Quote:
As stated, he agreed to total up what the engine parts I sent him were worth as cores since that's all they're good for now, and just pay me that total. we agreed to call off the build since it never got started and i bought an engine already.
Ok, so did he total them up? What was the next step after he totaled them up? Was he to buy them from you?

Stella (Mine now): 2005 Shadow Blue Jetta Wagon TDI 09A
Mods: RC1. VCDS HEX-CAN USB (near Toledo, OH)
Old January 13th, 2019, 11:24   #12
BigB82789

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrick240 View Post
Just spitballing here, but maybe the engine was too badly damaged to have a core value.
Well, if that were the case, i wouldnt know. He never called me back.
Old January 13th, 2019, 11:26   #13
BigB82789

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSwan87 View Post
Ok, so did he total them up? What was the next step after he totaled them up? Was he to buy them from you?
If he did he never contated me about it. Yes we agreed that he would total them up, and we would come to an agreement on price, and he would buy them from me. It was both our ideas, but he brought it up first.
Old January 13th, 2019, 11:52   #14
1.9ZOOK
Veteran Member

TDI(s): ALH Samurai
Fuel Economy: pending

I guess reading comprehension is a dying art.
Old January 13th, 2019, 11:56   #15
BigB82789

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.9ZOOK View Post
I guess reading comprehension is a dying art.
Yes it is.
Closed Thread