Easy Coolant Flush

TDI
2012 Passat
Guys I actually found a video on YouTube that follows this method, he even mentions the forum so figuring he pulled it from here. Just Google VAG Coolant Flush Pete's Workshop. He does the walkthrough if anyone needs the video version of this. Also, I would love to post the link but I know some forums are sort of picky and I don't know the full rules on if links are acceptable to post or not. If you Google it will pull right up and if you guys are cool with it I can post the link as well. I was actually about to do the video myself to help someone else out down the road who has to do this but ended up finding the video already up.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Also, I would love to post the link but I know some forums are sort of picky and I don't know the full rules on if links are acceptable to post or not
There's an icon in the toolbar that specifically calls out for allowing YouTube links / attachments, so you're safe. :)

TDI
2012 Passat
There's an icon in the toolbar that specifically calls out for allowing YouTube links / attachments, so you're safe. :)
lol thank you sir! Im not the best when it comes to online forums and social media tech so didnt want to risk it and get kicked from the group.

Tom in PT

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat sedan - SOLD; 2013 Passat DSG; both purchased new
That's a fine video. I like the technique at about the 8 minute mark where he flushes without using vacuum, just drawing off the coolant from the top of the radiator using flow from water pump and simultaneously filling the coolant bottle with a hose. Doesn't have the swirling/agitation of the vacuum method though.