www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old January 18th, 2019, 12:08   #1
Kyleig

TDI(s): 2001 Jetta
Default 02 Jetta white smoke/ miss

Need some insight...long story short, turbo shaft sheared,(but no fins cam off) motor tried to run away but I caught it before it even got passed 3k. Went with a Xman vnt 20. Iím on Malone stage 4, .216, an everything to support it. Ran great before the turbo went. Now it starts right up idles good but once any throttle is opened it gets rough and Iím getting white smoke thatís very strong of diesel. Timing is good, on the green line like it was before, IQ is 3.8, no codes. Hasnít gone down the road yet. If I rev it and let off it runs rough like itís missing for a few seconds then smooths out. It never hydro locked and it didnít seem like a pile of oil went into the motor. I drained about a pint or a little more out of the intercooler. Had the injectors checked out an their all good. Attempting a compression test but none of my adapters fit the injector hole or the glow plug. The numbers on the mass air and map sensors donít seem right, according to Ross tech they are not.

To me it seems like itís just dumping fuel into it. Itís always possible it bent a rod but I doubt it.

Whatís everyone using to check compression?

Mass air specifies is 465 mg/str at idle
Mass air actual is 515

Map is showing 819 at idle. And goes down when I rev it.
Kyleig is offline   Reply With Quote