www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old January 12th, 2019, 14:12   #1
bravo69

Default CD changer doesnt work in 2003 Jetta

Hello,

I just purchased a CD changer form my 2003 Jetta off of ebay. The previous owner of the car had one but removed it before I picked up the car.

I plugged the changer into the socket making sure i removed the protective cover. I didnt hear the changer turn on or cycle.

In VCDS it says the CD changer status is OK. I read to make sure the wiring is connected to the HU but why would it be disconnected if the previous owner was using it?

In VCDS the radio code is 04401 I have a pic not sure how to post it.

I have a monsoon with leather interior. Should the code be 04442 instead?
4: multifuntion Steering Wheel
4: 4 passive speakers front and rear
3: monsoon
2: CD changer

When I changed the code nothing changed but when I went back into the radio settings the code stayed the same 04401. The ebay seller said he connected the changers to his beetle prior to shipping to make sure it works.

Please advise and thank you in advance