Interior LED Lights Not Working

Hotelevator

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
So I wanted to swap out the front and rear dome lights and glove box light with W5W LED’s. I did the front dome light first and all was well, as soon as I touched the glove box light none of the interior lights would work. I put back all the stock bulbs and checked the fuses and everything is fine but none of the lights will come on. Any pointers??

joshuafail

TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Installed with the car running?

If the vehicle was shut off, it's likely the battery drain down prevention in action. Prevents the battery from going dead from having lights on for too long (like keeping doors open).

Try starting car and see if they come on.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Weird, I bought all LEDS from deautokey.com and they never failed me nor disappoint me. Lifetime warranty. Few failed by flickering, they send me new replacements after i mail mine to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotelevator

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Installed with the car running?

If the vehicle was shut off, it's likely the battery drain down prevention in action. Prevents the battery from going dead from having lights on for too long (like keeping doors open).

Try starting car and see if they come on.
Yes I have turned the car on a couple of times, it starts and runs fine, all other lights work except the interior ones including the mirrors, glove box, front and rear dome. I have a 15 Passat TDI SE.

Hotelevator

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Weird, I bought all LEDS from deautokey.com and they never failed me nor disappoint me. Lifetime warranty. Few failed by flickering, they send me new replacements after i mail mine to them.

Did you change out the glove box light to LED? Like I said the dome lights were fine until I touched the glove box light and now I am having issues.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
haven't touched my glove box light yet, but my 3 rear, trunk and 2 projection front Yorkim LED's are working perfect....that trunk light cage is a PITA. Reverse lights on this car suck big time, i put yorkim canbus safe LED's in those but it triggered the bulb out icon in a second... got to code that F***** out asap

Hotelevator

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
haven't touched my glove box light yet, but my 3 rear, trunk and 2 projection front Yorkim LED's are working perfect....that trunk light cage is a PITA. Reverse lights on this car suck big time, i put yorkim canbus safe LED's in those but it triggered the bulb out icon in a second... got to code that F***** out asap
Did you install the interior LEDs with the doors closed? I’m thinking I messed up a relay cause I was installing the LED dome bulbs while the doors were open and as soon as I touched the glove box bulb everything stopped working, my headlight switch won’t even light up.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Ouch. Check the fuses?

Hotelevator

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Ouch. Check the fuses?

Yes as stated in my original post. I actually looked up the schematics for the fuse boxes and swapped out every fuse with a new one of the proper amperage for the fuse box that’s inside the car on the drivers side. I am thinking I screwed up an actual relay but not sure which one controls the interior lights. Anybody have a layout of the relays for this car?

Hotelevator

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
PROBLEM FIXED! Was one of the larger fuses in the fuse box, fuse number 30. I installed new LED bulbs and they work flawlessly! Thanks to everyone that chimed in on this thread.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Awesome to know.... so I will keep this thread in mind in future if my fuse goes out.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
does the button on the bottom of the mirror cause your led lights to glow dimly?

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
They glow dimly regardless, this is normal. Same thing happens in my Saab.
mine will go out if I hit the button on the bottom of the mirror, while parked they flicker very dimly- and flash when locked- im wondering if I put just one oem bulb back if that will soak up some of that current