Welcome Audi TDI members

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Just a quick welcome to our Audi TDI members. Now that Audi TDIs have finally been in Canada and the US for a while we have added a section dedicated specifically to the Audi A3 and Q7 models. I realize that many of the engine items are the same as the VWs, but for the first time there are a couple of place to discuss the Audi platform specifics.

Enjoy.
Fred

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
HI!!!

Enjoy the new car!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Keep an eye on those fuel filters for shiny metal shavings....

farrjohn

TDI
Audi A3 TDI
I am a new owner of a Audi A3 TDI. I have had it about three weeks. On a resent road trip it got 44 MPG. I did have an issue with a lag when starting from a stop or in slow corners. I took it back to Audi service and they up-graded the car's computer and now the lag is gone.

I previous owned a Jetta TDI and I am really liking the A3 TDI

Last edited:

hogger453

TDI
2013 A3

Hi everyone.

Just purchased a 2013 A3 TDI. It has all the options including the Titanium package. :D

Love it.

tdisedanman

Veteran Member
TDI
Ex 2005 Passat, TDI and ex 2005.5 Jetta TDI
I looked at the A3 TDI today And took it for a test drive. They had three in stock and one of them was purchased while I was there. (no, not by me). After my PD engine experiences with my Passat and Jetta, I am still a bit worried about their engineering problems. The fule system problems have me a bit gunshy.

VWWV

Veteran Member
TDI
passat 96, candy white
HI!!!

Enjoy the new car!
My daughter has a 2012 Audi A3. I think her decision was based on my having the B4? Does that qualify me to post on this forum? Anyway, I was with her on a recent trip from NC back to Fl. and we had the unfortunate experiences of engine stalling two separate times when slowing to a stop. The engine re- started both times and we were able to continue at Interstate Speeds. The car is at the dealership currently. When she took it in yesterday morning,they did a VaGCom test and told her there NO CODES SHOWING. When it stalled, it was as if the clutch had not been depressed to disengage the transmission BUT it is a TipTronic. Any thoughts? Everything I've found talks about fuel problems but this seems to be transmission problems? Why wouldn't there have been codes thrown?

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Could even be as simple as a fuel filter needing replaced from a bad batch of fuel. Hopefully you'll be lucky and it'll be something that simple....

Remember codes are stored in the engine as well as the transmission. Transmission codes almost never trigger an actual check engine light, unless they are very serious (just had that happen on the Passat, though it was in the form of an "Emissions Workshop" code).

Good luck!
-BB

VWWV

Veteran Member
TDI
passat 96, candy white
Thanks. Good info. BTW, Other than the bling items. I prefer my B4 over the Audi A3 tdi. More comfort, better fuel efficiency, and loads more space. Of course, I prefer my B4 over just about every other car I've ever driven or rode in.

TDI
2013 A3 diesel tdi
A3 Hatchback TDI

hi,

I am new to this site and am wondering is anyone has had their exhaust
flap replaced . If so what kind of fuel mileage are you now getting.
This scandal is very upsetting as I really love the car.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
hi,

I am new to this site and am wondering is anyone has had their exhaust
flap replaced . If so what kind of fuel mileage are you now getting.
This scandal is very upsetting as I really love the car.

I think you're confused... the exhaust flap has nothing to do with the recent uncovered knowledge.

kpenner

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 A6 TDI 3.0L
Purchased a 2015 Audi A6 TDI this fall, has the 3.0 V6. Love that 428 lb-ft of torque. I get mid 30 mpg just running around town, low 40's on the highway. Great car!

Diverb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6mt
Welcome to the forum,

The A6 is a beautiful car, I would love to own one. Absolutely a sharp looking full size sedan

RebelTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI, 2016 BMW 535d Xdrive
Purchased a 2015 Audi A6 TDI this fall, has the 3.0 V6. Love that 428 lb-ft of torque. I get mid 30 mpg just running around town, low 40's on the highway. Great car!
I'll second your appreciation of the 3.0 TDI. I'm really enjoying my Q5. After 8 fill ups I'm averaging around 32 mpg. This is mostly driving in/out of Boston. I love how this car can catapult you from a standstill when needed. The engine is so refined. The MFI has shown 39 mpg after some highway trips, but I have yet to break 40 mpgs. I'm sure I will eventually. So far, exceeding expectations.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
I'd love a A7 quattro.. love the looks. But for economy I see my next ride being a E250 4matic.. that 2.0 TT seems to produce better numbers than my tuned/modded 2.0 TDI.

I'm just not spending $40K for a used model when I drive 25K miles a year.. it'll depreciate too fast. Wait a few more years and pick one up for $25K.

Flossabe

TDI
01 TDI Beetle
Hello!

Just picked up a `15 A3 TDI for my wife as a replacement for our 01 Beetle TDI and very happy with it and glad to still be part of the forum with a 2nd car!

indigoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
this is a quiet thread - I'm contemplating a 3rd car for my teen and looking at a 2013 A3 TDI - can you all tell me if this is a reliable car?

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
this is a quiet thread - I'm contemplating a 3rd car for my teen and looking at a 2013 A3 TDI - can you all tell me if this is a reliable car?
It wouldn't be much different from my '12 A3. It has been pretty reliable for a car
that I bought with 50k miles on it. I've been getting an intermittent MIL that's
probably emissions related though. I haven't had the fix done yet.
I've been holding off on any real parts upgrades because I'll probably sell it back.
As a result the suspension is pretty tired, etc. Hope this helps.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Hi, just sold my beloved B5.5 TDI today. I will be seriously looking into a 6sp. Jetta sportswagon TDI. I have owned many VW's but no Audi's. I have always wondered about the way Audi's models are designated. A3, A4, for example, I'm understanding are the same body? different generation?

Does Audi have a TDI sportswagon?
In manual transmission?
What is it designated as? A3?

Also in my search it seems some Jetta (Audi?) TDI's have NOT had the "VW smog fix"...
I wonder if this "fix" actually helped or hurt the drivability or M.P.G. of these cars. Owner feedback would be greatly appreciated

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
For the US: Audi Wagon with a TDI? Only if you count the Q5/7's.
For the US: no manual transmission.
For the US: the A3 is the entry level Audi.

indigoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
you can find used A3 TDI wagons - pretty scarce, but they are out there. NO manuals or quattros. :(

but used manual A3 wagons do exist as well...

TDI
'15 A3 - 2.0 TDI, '14 Q7 - 3.0 TDI
So quite in these parts.

I purchased my '15 A3 TDI in November 2018, had 17k miles on it at the time.I've since put 31k miles on it, while slowly building it into what I wanted it to be.

I tinted it almost immediately, SunTek Carbon 5 on rear and rear sides, Carbon 35 on the fronts. Also installed "Tint" Lamin-x film on my headlights to protect them from chips and yellowing in the long run.

Been Malone Stage 2 since 19k, did the deletes and reflashed it a few months ago at 46k.
Have a Neuspeed Intake and Darkside Turbo Elbow, Running the Buzzken Resonated Downpipe.

Suspension wise I'm running:
EMD Lowering Springs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Bilstein B8 Shocks
EuroSport Camber inserts
Neuspeed Torsion Bar Brace
Whiteline Solid front Swaybar
Spulen Adjustable Swaybar Endlinks
18mm spacers on all 4 corners
BFI Stage 1 Transmission mount
Torque Solutions Stage 1 Engine Mount
034 Motorsports Billet Dogbone with both upper and lower inserts
034 Motorsports Subframe Locking Collars

Recently just installed a RS-Style Front Grill.
Have a set of wheels (Alzor 349's, 18 x 8 ET 35 in Hyper Silver) and Conti DWS tires off a previous vehicle to go on as soon as mine are worn out (getting pretty close now)

It's been a great commuter, averaging 34.1 MPG overall. I end up sitting in stop and go traffic for a good hour every day on my way home. Drive around 60 miles round trip daily. Haven't really had to do anything other than routine maintenance on it yet, other than modding by choice of course. Love driving it, handles great and can be very economical if I drive it that way. I often see 52-53 mpg on the dash when arriving at work, all highway with light traffic.

Steeclarke2020

TDI
Audi a3 s tronic
Hi everybody,

I have an audi a3 2007 2litre s tronic, I'm getting the code 18258? Is this the problem to my misfiring, stuttering when I eccelerate any help is appreciated thankyou