06 jetta tdi head removal bolt procedure Please

fluxcore

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta tdi
06 jetta tdi head removal bolt procedure.bentley only has the on Procedure torque to 44 lbs and 1/2 turn in a movement. If removal is same do you start from outside or from the center? I'm backing off 1/4 ccw turn in x patten and repeat this as not to warp head. Thanks for your input. Jim

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Reverse of install. A little at a time for each bolt ...1/8 turn. Should be loose by about a half turn.

Last edited:

fluxcore

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta tdi
how many bolts are there to remove head on 06 jetta tdi

i was going to remove head but only saw about 5 bolts to the rear of head, none on the front side. the engine is a brm. Please advise book only showed 1 head bolt to rear of head? Thanks

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Front bolts are down in the crescent cutouts in the rocker and further down in the holes in the cam bearing caps...they are probably full of oil that is covering them.

If you notice a little barrel shaped piece about 3/16"dia and 1/4" long in the head of the front bolts fish them out and save them. They would have fallen out of the end of the rocker arm and need to be put back in and secured. They are the oil galley end caps.

fluxcore

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta tdi
Found the bolts

Thanks very much. May I please as you wich way is the easiest to remove the exhaust header form the top looks easiest then the bottom, but I like to start from the proper side. Thanks

Last edited: