2010 TDI golf confirmed for North America

kcfoxie

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 6-spd JSW
The City Jetta is uh, ugly.

I don't like that at all.

They took a Passat front end and mangled it to a Jetta body.

Icky.

Kooler

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta DSG TDI SportWagen-3M tinted windows all windows to meet specs set by police for Utah-helps in the desert heat-BIG TIME!
they even messed up Mountain Dew and good plain water. :-(

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
The photo on the French site looks exactly like my 09 JSW, except that you could not get fog lights on the 09 TDI version. I hope they come up with a way to have both front and rear fogs in the next version TDI JSW or GSW, whichever its name turns out to be.

Kooler

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta DSG TDI SportWagen-3M tinted windows all windows to meet specs set by police for Utah-helps in the desert heat-BIG TIME!
So if I have ben looking for a 2009 with no luck...

Hey-

since I have not had luck yet except a person across the Country or someone telling me the locals show they have them but I am trying to stay on what the local dealers have, is it going to be easier getting a 2010? As some guy put me down for not jumping on a plane and getting a car from "a real nice guy...so it is obvious you are not serious." across the Country due to my medical treatments, finding one closer to Salt Lake is more realistic.

I would love to find one that has at least 50% of what options I would like but that has not happened. So rather than me dealing with my chemo, the docs, and not flying across the Country, I am thinking maybe trying for a 2010 would be more likely.

this might sound stupid, but I am not sure how this is going to work out.

Thanks for any feedback.

d-man

Veteran Member
TDI
05 jetta PD
I think the new VW platform when compared to the MRKIV looks too jap. If I wanted a chinked-up car I would buy a honda or toyota.

kcfoxie

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 6-spd JSW
d-man said:
I think the new VW platform when compared to the MRKIV looks too jap. If I wanted a chinked-up car I would buy a honda or toyota.
While I agree with you they're a company that is interested in making a profit. Honda/Toyota sells more than they do, so they copy the features.

Much as I like the rabbit the sliding seats vs the pop-up seats is a big no sale for me. same with the redefined "adult" interior in the new beetle; don't care of it.

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
VWAG is one of the largest car companies in the world , bigger than Honda and as big as Toyota if not bigger when all brands under their manufacturing umbrella are figured in . VWAG is also the largest in the world producer of small displacement diesel engines .

So many of the Asian models that are thought of as similar are in fact copies of VWAG and other European models not the other way around . Now home market Asian models most of which will never be sold here are a different animal all together . If you ever get over there to see them you will know what I mean .

kcfoxie

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 6-spd JSW
I'm not discounting that but in North America, Japanese styled vehicles are more popular two to one than domestic passenger cars or german passenger cars.

Domestics only hold the safe haven in trucks. The japs couldn't quite win that one, but it's obvious that MotorWeek's pick of the Dodge RAM with its "innovative" side storage bins... reminds me of the storage bin in the Honda Ridgeline, which I believe was the first truck to ever offer that. (MW also picked the Jetta TDI as the eco car of 2009)

MunchausenDrive

Veteran Member
TDI
None... yet
watch your words

d-man said:
d-man, while you're entitled to your oppinion about the styling direction of the new model, there's no need to hurl racial slurs at it. You would never, or at least I hope you would never, describe a caddilac, impalla or even vw for that matter as n*****-up.

please in your future posts do not use biggoted language.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
d-man said:
FYI, China and Japan are two separate and distinct countries. Different people, different languages, different economies, different automobiles.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Narf, nice photos. But that Rabbit TDI was not fully functional, it was missing a clutch pedal.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
TornadoRed said:
Narf, nice photos. But that Rabbit TDI was not fully functional, it was missing a clutch pedal.
Why do I see a "Mazda" type styling all over this 2010 edition?:confused:

Jeepmb

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 1.9 TDI GLS
Cool pictures Narf. That is a pretty good looking version of the golf. Slightly similar to my friend honda accord coupe on the front end, but still bold. They seem to have lost some of their uniqueness but are still ok with me.

rotarykid said:
VWAG is one of the largest car companies in the world , bigger than Honda and as big as Toyota if not bigger when all brands under their manufacturing umbrella are figured in . VWAG is also the largest in the world producer of small displacement diesel engines .
Not meaning to nit-pick too much, but look HERE(1/3 way down, the bar graphs). Volkswagen is not quite the largest auto maker in the world (not yet at least :D ) and is not bigger than Toyota. VW has said in their press that they hope to compete better to try and get to the volume that Toyota puts out.

vwrobert51

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
if you look at all the new VW modles comming out, the front end design all look the same, (ie new roadster on vortex) and new passat thats comming, also the RABBIT name will be gone!but we will also get the sicrroco and the new polo (yes with TDI) stay tune.

MatteoB

TDI
Skoda Fabia VRS 1.9 TDI pd
It's a nice care so you will enjoy it. I have never known why the Golf was called the Rabbit in the States. If you drove a car called a rabbit over here in the U.K you would be laughed at!

chewy

Veteran Member
TDI
None
BrianCT said:
Why do I see a "Mazda" type styling all over this 2010 edition?:confused:
Because you are imagining things. The MKVI is very much like the MKV with a few changes styling wise. The rear lights are like the ones on the Touareg (a VW)

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
chewy said:
Because you are imagining things. The MKVI is very much like the MKV with a few changes styling wise. The rear lights are like the ones on the Touareg (a VW)
Okay.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
chewy said:
The second picture isn't even a real Mazda. Only a pshop
Agreed.

But the MKV has many common styling points found in the Mazda 3. Is there a connection between VAG/VOA/VFP [volkswagen for people] and Mazda?

Have you ever seen the Mazda 3 in comparison to the Golf? Mazda looks very german to me.

Just typing out loud to meself,

BrianCT

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
the present body style of the mazda 3 was such a good looking car and was not getting old. it is a shame they felt the need to make such drastic styling changes. took a solid sharp looking car that stood out and made it look like all the others. shame. i am sure it will be a great car for the money but not nearly the distinctive looking car it was.:( well i am glad we purchased an 2008.5 and not waited for the new body style!:)

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
VWAG -( VW Corp ) includes some ~8 brands sold around the world . Models built in dozens of countries under dozens of manufacturer names that all share platforms and drive trains . You add all those units built and sold by VWAG partners Toyota comes in second in unit sales when compared to VWAG .

German_1er_diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 118d
DPM said:
but it'll be a good car, having much in common with the Euro Focus...
...but the Mazda has larger exterior dimensions and smaller interior...
I like the suspension tuning of the Focus a lot better than the Mazda's too.

LRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 16 GSW... Just the LR diesel now
Big underbumper grilles are the current trend. the North American Fiesta model has a bigger "mouth" than the Euro version