www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old August 26th, 2017, 08:40   #16
gassprint1

TDI(s): 2006 jetta

See what the compressor is. Then look at the top of the solenoid. Match it with polar.
gassprint1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:52   #17
DunnTDI

Installed new RCV. No luck. AC still blows hot. Fans do not run. Will begin to check Fan assembly. Do not have VCDS, any good ways to test fans? simply run 12v to fan assembly pig tail?
DunnTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:28   #18
gassprint1

no, that wont work. there is always power at the fans, red wire, and the computer sends signal to the control module to turn them on. if you got the valve changed, system all charged up with 18-19 oz of freon.....take it down the road at 55 or so mph. if the system is working without fans, it will cool from the air flow. if not, then it's probably the compressor. i wasted 75 on a new valve and all that goes with it an didn't works. got vcds next week and watched the metering blocks an such...compressor was the problem.
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:31   #19
gassprint1

look on ebay for the compressor. there is a place from california that sells them at a good price for around 180 with everything needed to replace. compressor, dryer, orings, pag46 oil.
Old September 25th, 2017, 10:09   #20
Rx7145

TDI(s): 2006 Jetta

Could it be the pressure switch? It can be changed without draining the system.
Rx7145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 15:31   #21
gassprint1

i wondered if mine was bad at the time i had issues lil over a week ago till i scanned with vcds. i kinda doubt it is. i highly say for you to spend the 200 at ross tech or idparts and get the cable. i was glad others pushed me to get it and happy i did. it does and shows some amazing stuff. when you have an issue in the future, you'll be glad you got it. how i determined my pump was bad, was i used vcds and opened the screen that showed ac pressures an such. every time i pressed the ac button, nothing changed in pressures as it should. vcds will allow you to kick on the cooling fans to see if they work and other stuff. you can do some of those neat things you see in videos also...such as when you hold the fob unlock button, it can make the windows roll down or up. won't open the sun roof, but will close it. get an air bag light or have to change something, you can do it yourself and won't have to take it to the dealer. everything in our cars has it's own control module. you can check everything individually...with the money you spend on thing and ur ac still doesn't work, you could have already paid for it. like i said, i wasted 75 on the valve when that was virtually half what the vcds costs. don't short change urself and but a knock off cable system.
Old October 4th, 2017, 06:39   #22
DunnTDI

Okay i will have to look into getting a VCDS kit. I did test my AC system. When I turn on the AC system going 55 mph and up. It does begin to blow cold air. Much better than it ever did in the past. Again, im not sure how cold it should be kicking out, as i have had other cars which blow ice. This car does not seem to blow ICE. but much better than before. So can i just read voltage in at the pigtail. and See if im picking up the signal when I toggle the AC switch? which would indicate if my fan assemblies are fried. Would that work?
DunnTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2017, 09:23   #23
gassprint1

there should always be voltage to the fan control module. i don't know what the computer signal is to tell the fans to kick on. i research it and found nothing. i kinda doubt you had ac air coming from the vent but rather cool outside air instead. before going thru alot of extra work, i'd spend the 200 an get vcds before doing anything else. you'd probably have it in a day being ross tech is in PA