www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old June 30th, 2017, 17:34   #46
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47/42/38

My Georgia Peach confirmed 10:00 is ok. See I married a woman who as the hostess wants everything just so for all y'all.
Wavetrac LSD, Bosch 230'a with RC4.5, Whitbread 2.5" downpipe, PD lift pump, South Bend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch, steel skid plate, Wingnut inspired EGR mod, MyCruiseAgent no drill EGT, MoGolf skidplate mod
Curious Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 19:00   #47
gearheadgrrrl
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Other than the JSW, hard as I try, can't seem tio get below 40 MPH!
Default I'll try to make it before noon...

I'm bring several different sockets in the 13 mm. size and 1/2. 3/8. an 1/2 inch ratchets. Had room in the Golf so I threw in a floor jack, pair of ramps, and 4 jack stands too. I've got a lawn to mow at my old place in north Minneapolis too so I'll do that before I come over- It's a small lot so hopefully it will go quickly. See you tomorrow!
Old July 1st, 2017, 07:23   #48
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

The garage is on the alley behind the house. There is room for maybe 4 cars back there. If you park in front you access the backyard by walking down the north side of the house and there is a gate.
Wavetrac LSD, Bosch 230'a with RC4.5, Whitbread 2.5" downpipe, PD lift pump, South Bend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch, steel skid plate, Wingnut inspired EGR mod, MyCruiseAgent no drill EGT, MoGolf skidplate mod
Old July 1st, 2017, 07:44   #49
Steve-o
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 58/42/32

Dammit. This came up way too fast and other commitments have piled up. I won't be able to make it; I'm sorry. Maybe the next GTG...
Old July 1st, 2017, 09:16   #50
gearheadgrrrl
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Other than the JSW, hard as I try, can't seem tio get below 40 MPH!
Default Got the lawn mowed...

Be over in a few mi Utes.
Old July 1st, 2017, 10:22   #51
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

The Golf is on Jack stands.
Old July 1st, 2017, 12:07   #52
Kriesel
Veteran Member

Can't make it today. Packing the truck to go out of town in the morning isn't going as planned lol
Old July 1st, 2017, 13:56   #53
Farmboy
Veteran Member

Chris, thanks for hosting! Was great to see a couple "old" faces and meet a couple "new" ones.

I wasn't able to stick around and heckle up to my usual standards while others got dirty. I didn't even learn any new magical incantations made up of swear words, must not have been any work getting done while I was there.

And silly me, I didn't even have any brisket, which was no doubt wonderful! Next time . . .
Old July 1st, 2017, 19:10   #54
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

The exhaust is in with just a couple of mount issue and a little leak. Yes you were silly as we have quite a bit left.

Yes we had a small crowd and a good time.
Old July 1st, 2017, 21:26   #55
gearheadgrrrl
Veteran Member

Default Thanks for the help with the exhaust!

Actually, you guys did most of the work. Car ran great all the way home, seemed to have picked up a bit of power from fixing that vacuum leak and cleaning the snow screen. Looking forward to future GTGs!
Old July 2nd, 2017, 14:05   #56
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadgrrrl View Post
Actually, you guys did most of the work. Car ran great all the way home, seemed to have picked up a bit of power from fixing that vacuum leak and cleaning the snow screen. Looking forward to future GTGs!
You experienced the best that TDICLUB does. 3 engineers with varying experience and age all working to get you car on the road. Nick said he would not wrench but he was a great resource providing guidance on other things that should be checked.