2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI 6MT

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI

[Placeholder for a better picture once I have it.]

Picked it up used from the VW dealer this week. Build date of 7/2013, with 9800 miles on it. Tempest Blue with beige interior. Traded in my 2012 Passat TDI SE with 41k miles.

Last edited:

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
May I ask what made you decide to get the Sportwagen versus the Passat?
Nice car BTW. :)

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
May I ask what made you decide to get the Sportwagen versus the Passat?
Nice car BTW. :)
It's a little complicated to explain our situation, but I've been wanting one since the new Jetta came out in 2011. My wife wanted me to get the Passat instead. The Passat was a great car, but with the DSG I just really felt disconnected from the experience of driving. We were able to work out a great deal on her a new Passat TDI SEL (mine was a TDI SE) and I was able to snag this one. Not the one I originally planned on buying, but that one was gone before we got to the dealership.

Last edited:

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
MFA Illustration changed

Played around some with VCDS last night. Changed a few things like windows opening and closing with the remote, blanking the DRL on the side the turn signal is on, instrumentation startup calibration, lane change blinker count, you know, the normal stuff. :) Anyway, I found one that was about the illustration in the instrument cluster. The bite changed it for the wagon. I wasn't sure what it would do, but below is my result.

On the left is the Golf illustration, which was on originally. In the middle is the wagon illustration, which I changed mine to. On the right is a sedan (from my Passat) illustration with a door open, just for comparison.

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
First Milestone Today!

Yes, this means I've driven her 200 miles!

The previous owner only drove it 6,900 miles the first year, and that is when the oil was changed for the first time. It was changed again in March at the dealership when they received it in. I do not think I'll have an issue hitting the 20k mark by next March. I'm already planning on driving it instead of the B4V on a trip around Labor Day, and I'll be driving it at least every day until the B4V is fixed. After that, I'm not sure what rotational schedule I'll use, but I'm not going to let it sit as long as I would the '12 Passat.

Forgot to mention, I enabled the bluetooth confirmation tone, and I'm still evaluating if I'm going to keep it enabled. My wife called today and told me what her oil temp was in the '15 Passat, and my response was "Oh man, you have that! Why can't I?" She thought that was funny.

Last edited:

artie b

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 TDI stock, have owned and repaired 4 B4 TDI's since 1996
Very nice! A buddy of mine has a 2015 black Passat and a 2012? black sportwagen, both DSG, TDI's.

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
First Mod

Completed my first mod tonight. It is one of the most essential for me, and takes no time to do.

I replaced this:

...with this:

I do not know if I will ever install fog lights (I want to, but there isn't a clear need 99.9% of the time) and seriously doubt I'll install a rear fog light. This is mainly so I can turn off the headlights and run only parking lights. There are rare times I want this, and now I can have it!

I would have just installed the Auto switch I have, but without the light sensor it was just another click to go from off to anything else. I've wondered how well the add on module to go behind the light switch works. I've not read much from users that have it, like if you can still adjust the coming home/leaving home times via the MFD and if DRLs still operate as intended.

This is just to show how warm it is here:

It is nearly 8pm, and the car has been sitting for two hours in the shade.

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
What should be the last picture here. We took the buyback option and here the car sits right after completing the paperwork. 29501 miles was the final count.

TDI Kovács

Veteran Member
TDI
Two Preban TDI's; One "FIXED" TDI.
What should be the last picture here. We took the buyback option and here the car sits right after completing the paperwork. 29501 miles was the final count.
That's so sad...color, miles; year...I would have killed to have that Jetta. :(

Such a beautiful car, such a sad end. :(

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
That's so sad...color, miles; year...I would have killed to have that Jetta. :(
Such a beautiful car, such a sad end. :(
Our buyback agent was glad I didn't remove anything, because that would make it easier to sell if VW gets a fix approved. It or one like it could be my next old car if I have to replace my '06 in 10 years.