Hit and run!

GregNew2TDI

TDI
2005 Jetta GLS TDI Sedan SOLD.
So my baby got hit. Not too bad, but the tires hit the top edge of the wheel well when going over bumps. The worst part is that when I got back from school at noon, it was fine, and funked up within a 3 hour period. Here's some pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/107735634812424608317/Jetta#5487522453445659250
http://picasaweb.google.com/107735634812424608317/Jetta#5487522450878090194
So I imagine I'll need an alignment. Think this could be beaten out or will I have to get a new front quarter panel? Any idea how much that might be?

S

sooner

Wasn't me I have an alabye, A lot of sh it can happen in 3 hours.
On another topic I'm hunting for a control circuit diagram for an A4 on Air conditioning control circuit, Anyone ?

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Depends on your insurance. If you can find a salvage yard with your color that would be the best for a few reasons. One is you can get the check from the insurance to fix it and then go buy the fender and be money ahead like my brother did once and the factory paint lasts a lot longer then a body shop job when there is salt on the road. My brothers fender on his car is almost rusted away on the inside from the PO having the fender painted and replaced. And before I forget a hit and run in NOT under the comp (like hitting a deer), it is under the collision (which means they treat it like it is your fault). Found out the hard way and mine wasn't bad enough to justify $1200 for the repair

cfm56

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI SportWagen
find the parts at a wrecking yard or online and do the work yourself if you have the skills. This way you'll save money and save your insurance premium from going higher

cfm56

Veteran Member
TDI
find the parts at a wrecking yard or online and do the work yourself if you have the skills. This way you'll save money and save your insurance premium from going higher

cfm56

Veteran Member
TDI
your looking at spending 40-100 for that fender if you can find it in silver. This is nothing compared to paying for higher insurance in the long run
If your in portland oregon, check out foster auto parts for a fender, or just look on vortex or tdiclub for anyone parting out a vehicle. When you find that silver fender, buy it, install it and tadaaa your done. In the mean time i would drive it the way it sits

GregNew2TDI

TDI
your looking at spending 40-100 for that fender if you can find it in silver. This is nothing compared to paying for higher insurance in the long run
If your in portland oregon, check out foster auto parts for a fender, or just look on vortex or tdiclub for anyone parting out a vehicle. When you find that silver fender, buy it, install it and tadaaa your done. In the mean time i would drive it the way it sits
That's all fine and dandy, but she's a powder blue color. I think the official color is speed blue, VW LB5Q.
Mine looks more like this car: http://s580.photobucket.com/albums/...anjames624/?action=view&current=P1110019.jpg&
Just I have grey leather and rims instead of covers over steelies. How much for an overspray, but better than a maaco job, if I was to get a wrecker's silver?

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
The day that I bought my car I had some jack ass hit me in almost the exact same spot, just a little further toward the bumper. I tried my best to pop it out but crap that fender is strong. I made it look better, but not perfect.

cfm56

Veteran Member
TDI
just look for a fender of the same color and drive your car till you find one the way it sits if it doesnt really bother you and isnt a safety issue. Fenders are cheap and simple to R&R.
im not sure on how much maaco would charge to do one fender...i would try to find an exact color. Another place to check out is campbell nelson auto wrecking up in arlington wa. That place is vw heaven for body parts on our cars. See if they have one, see if the price is reasonable and have them ship it to you. Definantly check your local area first though

GregNew2TDI

TDI
Well, I got one estimate from a body shop for $934.40. The painting labor and supplies seem to be the biggest cost (something to the tune of $400) for blending with the door and hood. A new fender is $205, but I'm finding them online, for like $40 new. Just wondering if they're plastic/composite and not steel. Maybe I can find/bring the parts in and have the shop paint and install it?